Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blew a rear tire riding in St Clair today and couldn`t get it replaced or repaired (hole in sidewall). So the dillema I am having is to replace just 1 or buy 2 RaZr2`s?? I believe they will fit onto the stock rims is that true?? Are they 6 ply tires?? Are the stock Dunlops 6 ply??? Are they hard to change at home with simple shop tools??? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Razrs fit the stock rims and they are 6 ply. I went to a local tire shop and they charged me $5 per tire, much easier than doing yourself. The Razrs are a huge improvement over the Dunlops!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Yeah I think the stock dunlops are 4 ply and you can actually buy the razors with either 4 or 6 ply, don't know why but they do. Its deffinately easier to have the shop do it but if you are to do it at home, when you go to set the bead, we used to spray lighter fluid in the rim, light it on fire and kick the tire till it caught bead. Its dangerous but if you are up for the challenge......:hey::hey:

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
youd be better off getting the razors or the kendas, kenda has a kutter xc tire available. the price on the stock ones like 152 for just one , you can get 2 of the others for that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts