Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
If you only rode it for that day, then you probably didn't do any damage really. But what you'll wwant to do is get that boot off from there to allow any moisture or anything else in there to get out. Then you will need a boot replacement kit, which is between 35 to 50 I would imagine. From there, it all depends on where it is located and everything, but CV joints aren't the hardest thing in the world to do. The only think you may need to make life easier that a normal person wouldn't have is the tool for the metal rings on the boot itself. It can be done with pliers, but much easier with this tool. The kit should include two new rings, plus grease to put in there. Biggest thing is to make sure the moisture is out. You will have to take the CV joint apart to get to the boot. I haven't done the right side so I am not sure if you can take it apart from the hub or if you'd have to do it from the inside. Someone else may be able to help out from that stand point, or look in the service manual.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Target is right on getting the rings off, but putting new ones on w/ out the tool can be a PITA as you may not get them as tight as you think you did, therefore allowing moisture to get it.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
One problem with hose clamps.....depending on how the notches are in them, they can actually break/tear into the rubber as you tighten them down. If you're going to use hose clamps, be sure they are the ones that are smooth on the inside.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts