Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Blue Angels are here in San Francisco preparing to do shows Saturday and Sunday. They come here every year as part of Fleet Week and fly right over my house. This year, we'll also have 3-4 CH-53E helicopters and an LCAC hovercraft invading my beach... 1 block away. They are expecting about 1 million people here to watch the show... and there is a 49er game Sunday... which means that traffic will suck. Glad I don't need to go anywhere.

Here's a pic I took yesterday from my back yard...

roadkill

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Wow that is a awesome picture! And sounds like a good idea just to stock up on what you need, and stay home and watch the show!

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
yeah they are awesome think they are based over by me in pensacola fla, ive watched them locally before at air show in p- cola:hey:

·
Registered
308 Posts
We used to have a air base near us called Willow Grove Naval Air Station and every Fathers Day they had an air show. My dad would take us every year and when I was a kid for whatever reason my lucky number was 2 and that day the #2 plane was down I was so bummed out.
We would always go see the Blue Angels and then I moved and worked right in line with the approach runway and we would get the best shows ever. For a few years the air base had the Thunderbirds and it didn't draw as big and then they brought back the Blue Angels and all the highways were congested for miles to get to the air base it was crazy.
The air base has closed about 6 years ago but next year the Blue Angels are doing a air show down in Ocean City Maryland and I'm trying to book a place for the weekend to take my kids.

Thanks for the picture, sure do miss hearing the jets by our house.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Cool pic Doug. We had Southport Air Show a few weeks back and had a Lancaster Bomber and 2 Spitfires do flyby's. Love the sound of a Merlin. I have a really bad pic on my phone which I'll try to upload.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool pic Doug. We had Southport Air Show a few weeks back and had a Lancaster Bomber and 2 Spitfires do flyby's. Love the sound of a Merlin. I have a really bad pic on my phone which I'll try to upload.
I've been to the Reno Air Races a few times and the Merlin on the P-51s sound great. But, the sound of a F-18 doing a turn-n-burn will just rock you.

Will try to get some pics from today's show from my house.

roadkill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts