Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a pair of boots to wear for riding next season. In the past I have always just worn my Redwing Loggers. But I understand the extra ankle protection, etc as I always wear my race boots on my GSXR. Anyway, I wont be racing my quads. Just mostly woods riding, trials and gravel pits. Nothing too crazy. Was just checking out the new FOX Comp 5 boots. They look nice. I have always worn Alpinestars gear on my street bikes, but never had any Fox stuff.

Anyone have these or maybe give me some feedback on what you wear and like? I usually wear an 11 in Nikes, Alpinestars gear is usually right on with that size. Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
i love my fox comp five boots they are a good general riding boot and are comfortable too. and for the price there hard to beat ive looked at some tec 7 or 8 astars but couldnt justify spending that money

·
Registered
223 Posts
I wear my 8" Carhartts or an insulated waterproof boot. Nerfs and spirited trail riding dont require much more than that. JMO. 8

·
Registered
445 Posts
Nerfs and spirited trail riding dont require much more than that. JMO. 8
Totally agree. Quads have built in protection and therefor require different protective clothing. I use THOR 50/50's (shorties), they give enough ankle support and if I want some shin protection then I use THOR shin & knee guards. I love these boots; they provide enough support and protection but I can walk with them as if they were hiking boots.

Comfort equals energy.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Totally agree. Quads have built in protection and therefor require different protective clothing. I use THOR 50/50's (shorties), they give enough ankle support and if I want some shin protection then I use THOR shin & knee guards. I love these boots; they provide enough support and protection but I can walk with them as if they were hiking boots.

Comfort equals energy.
Are full length MX boots hard to walk around in? I was lookling at the Fox Comp 5 Shortys, they offer good ankle protection but arent full height.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Yeah MX boots are by design stiffer in the ankle/shin area and therefor harder to walk in. They do this because on a bike you often stickyour foot out while cornering making you suseptable to ankle and knee injuries.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ahh ok, but not so much on these ATVs, at least i wouldnt hope

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yeah, putting the foot down is asking for the quad to eat it, run up your leg, pull you under it and spit you out the back. LOL

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
we had once you get use to them there not bad to walk in better than snowboard boots in my opinion. we had a guy a while back that ran over and broke his foot lost his job and had to sell his xx. we dont want that happening anymore!!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
I've never had a "formal" riding boot, either. I was actually looking at getting a pair of MSR VX1 ATVs. I did a lot of research on them and they are supposed to be a really comfortable and quality boot. I've used MSR gear in the past and have never been disappointed. Can't beat the price, either.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
alpinestars...best investment! They feel great and aren't to bad walking in. They don't stay clean for long. Over time the clasps are hard to close if you don't clean them, the mud loves to clump up there (I am lazy). Saved my feet a few times. Honestly would never ride without them.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
The most comfortiable full length boot is Fox. Tried them all and Fox is better.
Shorty's well you have Fox , Alpinestars,Thor and Axo. I would go for the Thor ones.
If you are on a budget for full length boots then go for the Shift boot , not expensive and you can get the enduro sole.More grip on ya feet.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Alpinestars Tech 8 - Won't ride without them.:hey:

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
I currently Own Alpinestar Tech 3 full boot but with Nerf bars now I am leaning towards Alpinestar Tech 2. I dont think running over my leg is as likely with Nerf bars

·
Registered
253 Posts
Gaerne SG-12... dude, crazy comfortable. Protection is insane, and even has the pivot to help when shifting
Well at $500 I would be disappointed if they didn't wash my bike after I was done riding. There is no way I could drop that kind of cash on some boots.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.