Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am all over the place right now with what I should do next to the XX. I have been talking to Daniel from High Desert Dyno and from lurking on the Modded Raptor forums I know that he can build a fast bike the right way. I had my mind made up to go with the 727 big bore, wet sleeve, and the 13:1 CP piston but when I started talking to Daniel he was saying that he thinks that set up will gain about 5hp across the board. I was thinking with the mods that I already have and the 727 kit I would be into the 70hp but it looks like it will be more around 65-68hp. If I go with the Boss Noss setup I will be about 61-62HP on the motor and 80HP on the bottle. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Do both! Big bore then bottle!

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Like Jody said "bottles are for babies"! Build that sucker and let's see what these things can do!!!
Lol I had a sticker on my 04 cobra that said bottles are for babies real men get blown. I miss that car, it was making 632RWHP when I sold it.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
03 and 04 cobras were the best ever.....but if you got the means, why not do both. I have no interest in NOS, frankly cuz I know hardly anything about it. But why not, worse case scenario....u need a new engine haha.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Lol I had a sticker on my 04 cobra that said bottles are for babies real men get blown. I miss that car, it was making 632RWHP when I sold it.
I never grown up i still have my 620rwhp Cobra. You can see it a little in the Sparks exhaust thread. But back to your build, you know your going to get pissed when you see my 727 make 70rwhp. Daniel bored my TB 3mm not the normal 2mm and shipped it today:hey:

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Trust me I didn’t grown up, I sold my mustang to start my 70 Chevelle with a 502 build. I guess I need to have my TB redone by him. I would be a little upset if your 727 made 70hp but if my bike with the spray is making 82hp it would make me feel a little better. lol

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
I saw your cobra in the pic.'s Jody! Is that where Boost Addict comes from??? :lol:
I have raced cars for the last 15 years and every one has had a turbo or a supercharger. The Cobra in the pic has ran 10.32 @ 136mph on slicks with pump gas, it still has a/c and not a trailer queen.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
I wanted a 2001 Cobra soooo bad! I would go down to the ford dealer and drool all over it. The insurance was like $6,000 a month on me though!

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
I wanted a 2001 Cobra soooo bad! I would go down to the ford dealer and drool all over it. The insurance was like $6,000 a month on me though!
This is a 2001 Cobra with a teskid alum. block(built for 1000 hp). With 8 Cp pistons, I beam connecting rods, 4-Ford Racing 500 cams and 32 valves P&P head,solid axle conversion with 33 spline Moser axles,T-56 6 speed viper spec transmission. Redline is 8500 rpm with a Novi rr centrifugal blower pushing 20lb boost through a 3 core a/a inter-cooler. Dyno tuned using SCT software Licensed and tagged and insured with a/c.

Sorry back on topic!

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gotta love the Cobras. I drove my 04 cobra from OC to Sacramento on ET streets with the A/C blasting and full interior ran 1 pass at 10.36 and got shut down for not having all the safety equipment. lol

Anyways back on topic. I'm thinking the best bang for the buck for me is going to be the BOSS Noss kit. I just think that will allow me to have a nice 62hp dune bike that the front isn’t always lifting up on me and when I’m ready to race I'll have another 20hp at my finger tips. The hard part is going to be trying to keep the front down when I'm racing.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
heres something to think about and you may already have an answer. turbos and noss=go fast, but your not going to beable to jump and play around as much because of the extra forces that will wear and or break those components. 727 you can still do all of that and go fasterr. if your just building a drag bike to take out and run up and down the dunes i would go for the bottle but personally i like to spend a lot of the time in the air.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don’t spend much time in the air but that will probably change when I put some money into some new shocks. I have been doing my home work on both the 727 and the Boss Noss kit. I have talked to a lot of Raptor guys that have been running the Boss kit with no issues, I even talked to a guy that has been making over 100HP with a 30 shot for 2 years and hasn’t had one problem with his Boss kit. They both have there good and bad points, the Boss kit will require me to keep refilling nitrous bottles and I wont have the power when I run out. With the 727 kit the thing that worries me most is the front end on my XX is already coming up all the time when I’m just riding the dunes I don’t know how bad it will be trying to ride the bowls with the 727 and the front end trying to always come up. Plus the thought of having hp in the 80's sounds better than the 70's. lol

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah I think I will jump on the next group buy for some Elka shocks, I have the trail tech clamp and low bars already.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It's just a crappy cell phone pic but you can see I show the XX some love lol

·
Registered
734 Posts
1 - 20 of 121 Posts