Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s a used 08 xx. :xx:I really questioned getting a used quad, but what can a guy do since they don’t make them anymore and the nearest new one is over a thousand miles away. It wasn’t very well maintained, I checked it over the best I could, got the price dropped for the lack of maintenance and brought her home. I started by changing the oil, a little gassy from all the short starts, just a small streak of white from moisture, and no metal filings so that was good. The only thing I noticed was some wear on the oil filter cover from the oil pump contacting it, just some small circular scratches. Is this normal or is it from the lack of oil changes, or worse. It seems to shift into neutral a lot better since I did my oil change. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
The only thing I noticed was some wear on the oil filter cover from the oil pump contacting it, just some small circular scratches. Is this normal or is it from the lack of oil changes, or worse.
I noticed this on mine after about 5 hours of riding time. It would appear to be common and not likely something to worry about.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the quick reply! I feel a lot better knowing it is a common issue. Glad to be here! This is a great site! It has answered all my concerns and questions. Can’t wait to hit the trails!

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Welcome to the club. This site has a ton of great info.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Welcome! 700XX is a hell of a first quad! haha :tup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts