Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ride in Alpinestars Tech 8 boots. I noticed today that I'd often be searching for the brake pedal and shifter. Has anyone seen a brake pedal extension (extend out not forward) or something like the hammerhead shifter for the XX?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I ride in Alpinestars Tech 8 boots. I noticed today that I'd often be searching for the brake pedal and shifter. Has anyone seen a brake pedal extension (extend out not forward) or something like the hammerhead shifter for the XX?
same boat here let me know if you find something please

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I haven't really seen much aftermarket for this. At the beginning of the year I was going to take my bike down to Orange County Choppers to have them FAB some stuff up, and someone mentioned to try and get some levers made up. Never happened though as there wasn't enough interest. With that said, the only ones I have found (for the shifter anyway) are pretty much like a stock dirtbike one where the end can bend around. If you know someone w/ a metal shop they could probably weld a piece on for you or something I would imagine. I have size 13 feet that are pretty wide, and don't really have this issue on anything.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Boys the best idear with the brake would be to take of the lever and heat it up and bend it out also try different heights for your gear lever, it can make a difference, I wear Tech 10 size 48/13 and have no problems with the foot controls.

Overlord

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found myself placing my right foot too far out on the peg to hit the brake. I'd press down, end up on the nerf webbing, think I was on the brake as I felt resistance and blow thru a turn! Maybe I have the webbing on the nerfs too tight...Instructions didn't mention how tight to set the webbing.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Mate I run my webbing loose because of my big feet and especialy on the gear shifting side.

Overlord

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I run webbing loose to, that way it doesn't get in the way, and only really use it if I hit something hard and my feet come off the pegs.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks...I'm going to loosen these up a bit. I adjusted the shifter up and it's really too high now even with the Tech 8s. If I loosen up the webbing I can drop the shifter back down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts