Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed lately that my brake light won't go off? It stays on even when the brakes aren't depressed and the headlight is off? When i push the brakes nothing happens? Any idea's on what the cause is? Everything else seems fine?

·
Registered
323 Posts
check the rear brake switch. It's the most vulnerable of the 2 switches and yours may be jammed with debris or the bracket could be bent.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Take a look at 21-9 and 21-10 in the service manual. If you can't get the light to go off by messing with the right hand lever or the brake pedal, pull the plugs and do a continuity check on both switches. The one thats made up will be your problem. I know the rear one is adjustable, but I have never messed with the one on the front brake.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK i got the rear brake light problem solved! Thanks for the advise guys. It was the rear brake switch bracket. I guess where i have pro armor nerfs the brake switch is exposed and i must have hit it with my boot and bent it. This was causing the spring to be pulled tight and therefor tripped the brake light on continuously. Just a quick bend with some plyers and it went off! Glad it was something simple! :rock:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.