Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone replaced their brake pads? What'd you go back with? Factory Honda? EBC?

·
Registered
354 Posts
ebc SV series...they're the bomb diggity supposedly

i run ebc sintered copper racing pads, i beat the hell out of them and they work well and last long, look up ebc brakes and check out the product details and get pads that suit your person riding condtions and riding style

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome write up Gary! honda wanted $120 for front and rears - is that right?

I'm thinking i want some EBC's.

·
Registered
201 Posts
stock honda.

i have the original brake pads on my '04 trx450r, they have been glamis dunin, wisconsin play riding, all over the east for two seasons of EDT/national TT'ing (prolly about as hard as you can be on brakes, its the original clutch too!) and they still have over half the pad left.

what i dont do is mudding and i keep my bikes CLEAN. so maybe there are other options for those types of riders but i have had nothing but good luck with OEM.

·
Registered
354 Posts
good call

I've had the same pads for almost a year now and I've been riding shit in four different states. Sand. Mud. Rocks. Sandy Creeks.

I'd go with the EBC.

nuff said...

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I have had good and bad luck with both over the years. Which ever is cheapest till one burns you is what I would do.

·
Registered
354 Posts
you guys ever buy the better ebc's? supposedly the sintered ones i run wear your rotor less than stockers as well as grab better and stay cooler and transfer less heat resulting in less fade...however this is possible i dunno...but i'm pretty sure they do what they say

yeah, prices are better because they sell way more, racers burn pads up constantly. The best part about ebc's is most shops stock which is cool, if you mess one up or find a compound you like you can pretty much get them anywhere instead of waiting for OEM to come in...also you can switch compunds for different trips, the stock is a decent, but limited all-around pad, with aftermarket pads you have more options...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Bump..
Anybody got anything new to add. Noticed when I put the new tires on the front brakes are shot.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Yes they do. That box on the side.. you can scroll down to it... they have both front and rear, as well as discs and so on...

EDIT... I think I know what you meant now... They don't show them for the rear huh?... They do have them though, I've ordered them before

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I got some sintered ones off eBay. $25 for 2 pairs for the front. They have been holding up/working great.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Found a complete set of fronts and rear on ebay for around $45. Picture of package says Magnum racing I think and made in europe. May give these a try. Maybe Baxter has seen these before.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts