Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has been covered before, but for some reason the search feature won't work. How long did everyone wait to change their oil after break in? I usually run full synthetic, but should I do a few oil changes with regular oil before I switch to synthetic?

·
Registered
174 Posts
My dealer told me 15 miles of break-in......then the 1st service is due in 10 tanks...

the search is funny.....the rule for the search feature is any word you type in search must be longer than 4 letters.....:yay:

·
Registered
217 Posts

·
Banned
44 Posts
I'm sure this has been covered before, but for some reason the search feature won't work. How long did everyone wait to change their oil after break in? I usually run full synthetic, but should I do a few oil changes with regular oil before I switch to synthetic?
My dealer told me put 5 full tanks of gas through it, no more than half throttle, then bring it in for its first service. Personally i would go a couple oil changed b4 switchin to synthetic just like on a new car to make sure everything is totally broke in b4 synthetic

·
Registered
96 Posts
My dealer told me put 5 full tanks of gas through it, no more than half throttle, then bring it in for its first service. Personally i would go a couple oil changed b4 switchin to synthetic just like on a new car to make sure everything is totally broke in b4 synthetic
If your theory on synthetic oil is correct, then why does the new Corvette and other high performance autos come with synthetic oil from the factory??:confused:

·
Registered
87 Posts
If your theory on synthetic oil is correct, then why does the new Corvette and other high performance autos come with synthetic oil from the factory??:confused:
Because many of them are broke in at the factory, and the ring type and cylinder wall finish allows proper seating and no glazing even if ran with good synthetic straight from assembly. Not advisable in a atv or cycle engine.

·
Registered
157 Posts
5 tanks of gas without going past half throttle? Is that even possible?

I am picking my XX up this week and 5 full tanks without really playing seems like it'll be tough.

·
Registered
174 Posts
5 tanks of gas without going past half throttle? Is that even possible?

I am picking my XX up this week and 5 full tanks without really playing seems like it'll be tough.
That defies the Law of Physics..............
:yay::yay::yay::yay:

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I couldnt go 5 mins withouth punching the throttle. I always followed the idea of break it in how you ride.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
I couldnt go 5 mins withouth punching the throttle. I always followed the idea of break it in how you ride.
Amen to that!

·
Registered
667 Posts
Ride It Like You Stole It!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Break it in the way you are going to ride it.:hey:

·
Registered
109 Posts
I tried to be good but my second time out i wanted to play, been playing hard since

·
Registered
228 Posts
I've thought quite a bit about this topic. I rode 5 hours on saturday and 3 hours on sunday. I'm going to change the oil with Honda oil and do the valve check at about 20 hours like Honda says to do. I've punched it more than once in it's short life by the way. I have a feeling that Honda's top-of-the-line engine is going to be pretty tight.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I've thought quite a bit about this topic. I rode 5 hours on saturday and 3 hours on sunday. I'm going to change the oil with Honda oil and do the valve check at about 20 hours like Honda says to do. I've punched it more than once in it's short life by the way. I have a feeling that Honda's top-of-the-line engine is going to be pretty tight.
Good idea.....:yay:...Agree

·
Registered
174 Posts
Sweet..........just let me know..........we are going camping down there somewhere at LBL........Were thinking Energy Lake......But let me know we'll hook up and rip up:yay:

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Changed my oil for the first time last week. I never bought a brand new toy before and it was kinda shocking seeing the grey oil comming out on that first change

1 - 20 of 23 Posts