Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after a long time of procrascination (half of which I spent in korea and Japan), I finally started tearing everything apart on the XX. Can I say how big of a pain in the arse it is to get the red front plastic off the black fenders due to there being little rubber gromets on the nuts.:steamed::steamed::steamed:

Anyway, I got all but two off and lost my patience with them, so i will get it down the other day. I have to say that once that is all off, it is pretty simple to get to everything else, and the engine is almost a sinch to take out. I am happy with the design.
On to a better note, if anyone is looking for front 22" RZR IIs that have about 14 or 15 plugs in them, let me know, LMAO. Yeah I spent an hour plugging them, so now I suppose it really is time to get some new ones, along with backs. Has anyone had any luck with the regular RZRs on the rear w/ the stock rim?
Total time spent tearing everything apart and cleaning up= 17 hours
Number of beers= 31
Number of chews=16 (lil over 2 packs of red man)
Look on my roommates face when she came in the garage and saw my mess and my new nudie calender=priceless

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the races start in about a month, and once I find my camera ill take some pics alright, of the darn frustration, haha.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Chuck

Have the razor on my stock rims and they are good, first day out had 3 plugs on 1 tire but that's been awhile, thread is lasting a long time. Overall they are pretty good tires.

Why are you taken the bike apart, clean and lube?

·
Registered
788 Posts
I did mine too when a swamped it a while back. Tried to take it apart to get to all the electrical components and soak them with WD-40. Didn't take as long to take apart as it did putting back together. Every bolt on the body is different. Make sure to take a close look at them. The ones with the built in shim on the bolt are for the body panel to body and the straight bolts are for the body panels to brackets with the rubber grommets already there. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a photographic memory, plus I have tore a lot of bikes apart, so I knew where to put the bolts in the mean time to remember what goes to what, haha. And I am tearing it apart b/c I did a whole winter series w/ out cleaning it up that much, and now I have a little break and sometime, I figured it is time to do so. So much mud was caked up in places that aren't visible, it wasn't funny. Thanks for the info on the tires.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HAHA, I am working the next 5 days, so maybe after one of my 13 hour shifts I will find the camera for ya.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Got my top apart so I can check my valves tomorrow and also noticed that I had mud/dead leaves in places where I wouldn't think. Clean up time!!

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I found 4 beer caps between the tank and frame, all labats blue, no idea where they came from, and I only know of two people that drink it......its clobbering time. Im trying to post pics, lets see how it goes.....nevermind, it says I have to resize it manually. booo.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Only one thing at a time, jeeze. plus that may be copy right stuff, and I keep the calender for my personal time, haha. I need to figure out how to make them thumbnails so I can post more. But Dagirl it is in better shape than that now. Hopefully during my next 5 day weekend I can get some pics of the engine out and everything, and then giving her a good soaking. My roomie asked me why I labeled everything, haha, and I was like you have 4 nipples coming from the fuel pump, would you remember what tube went to what? Or screw went to what? She was clueless.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Are we that old Chuck? I can still remember which hose goes where, just need to look at a picture, lol!! As for the screws/bolts, yeah! that can be a PIB but after awhile you start remembering which one goes where...most of the time. Just put mine back together, had to adjust my left exhaust valve and since the bike was torn apart decided to install my plasma led lights, sweet!! Ended up with 2 extra screws...umm!! but everything is together.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts