Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got my dimound j customs ski conversion kit and it was a pain in the arse to find skidoo percison skis beacuse they dont make them any more and they are the one kind that fit. i was bidding on some on ebay and they went over 200 bucks so i gave up then i went to my dealer and he had an brand new pare that never sold that i got for 100 bucks:rock:
here are some vids and pics off of my i touch will get better ones this weekend

http://s1041.photobucket.com/albums/b412/hondarider1/?action=view&current=012.mp4&newest=1

http://s1041.photobucket.com/albums/b412/hondarider1/?action=view&current=013.mp4&newest=1

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
get some kenda bear klaws on the back.... they keep my recon goin in the 1.2 feet of icey snow we got here without spinnin

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i got some 24 10 11 bear claws but i want ams zippers but every where i check says they dont sell em any more

·
Registered
205 Posts
Pretty sweet, are you planning on putting a tread kit on it or just good traction tires?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just some good tires, any input on good snow tires would be great.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
the bear claws are the best for snow i ever used... other than sand paddles..... put ur's on there amazing

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
kenda has snow tires ... forgot what there called. same with maxxis

·
Registered
392 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeh the maxxis 4 snow and the kenda snow mad both are not available in 10 inch rims just 8 and 9 thinking about some duro excavators 24 10 11 or or some 22 12 10 mud machines.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Nope, cuz then the xx would qualify for down hill skiing, which would piss people off cuz its still to fast even in the snow:lmao:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
hmm get on a thurdercat 1000 and ur idea of fast on snow will change... but y dont u wana use ur bear claws?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i am thinking about using them but i need to put some spikes in them first

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
ahh ic...

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
probaly worried that they might get fliped if they catch some deep snow

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
i put the bungee cords on there so the skis wouldn't rotate around when i get air on snow banks and stuff so now when i jack up the front end the skis stay level. with out the bungee cords the tip of skis just go strait down to the ground. still testing stuff out to find what will work the best.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Most ski kits come with a bar that secures the ski to the A-arm in some manner, to eliminate the movement in the ski... maybe you can fab something up like that. Bungee chords are not known as the most reliable building material! :p lol

1 - 20 of 52 Posts