Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't have any pictures because I suck but I brought my 700xx up here to N.C. and tarped it so the inbreeds that live in a 2000 foot radius wouldn't shop it out of the back of my truck before I hustled it to my storage unit.

Well, upon unwrapping it at the storage unit I got to see what 12 hours of wind buffeting tarp on my plastic's finish. Ugh. Whatever shines was there now looks like a dull cross hatch pattern.

I'm not pissed, I mean I didn't buy this thing to keep it showroom pretty, but I was a little let down to see it.

Anyway, this may be obvious to most of you but it somehow escaped me.

:eek:hno:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
lol, Damnit Scuzz. Tell everyone that ask you rolled it and make a good story of it!

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
LOL, next time use a 200thread count sheet.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Did the same thing when I moved from TN to here but it was my road bike and lucky me that I check the bike on the first fill up and noticed it so I removed the tarp.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
thatsa a bummer. i car covered and tarped my camaro for a month while in the process of moving and yeah not a paint jobs best friend.:cry:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Does anyone know if you'll have the same results if you cover it with a specific high-quality ATV cover while transporting?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Pretty much any material will cause this, Even the fuzzy inner covers will eventually wear through. Best just not cover em while transporting.

·
Registered
538 Posts
dude? didnt know you had your xx in NC, we did some quality night ridding at CAW over the weekend (whew it was muddy)... it sure was fun passing all those stuck raptors in the trails/hill climbs.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
next time use an enclosed trailer or no tarp!

·
Registered
538 Posts
dude? didnt know you had your xx in NC, we did some quality night ridding at CAW over the weekend (whew it was muddy)... it sure was fun passing all those stuck raptors in the trails/hill climbs.
oh yeah, and no one could touch me on the drag strip. about 6 4wheeler lengths on a honda 450er and 1.5 4wheeler lenghts on a hoped up yamahamer 450r (slip on exhaust, hot cam, 100lb dude). Didnt get a chance to drag a 700 raptor as they were all stuckup in the mud out in the trails (those things are a joke IMO). Nothing beats a Honda.:hey:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Pretty much any material will cause this, Even the fuzzy inner covers will eventually wear through. Best just not cover em while transporting.
Well that doesn't give me any warm and fuzzy feelings knowing my machine is sitting outside at home with a cover on it and the winter winds blowing on it while I'm over here for 4 months. Hopefully the damage won't be too bad when I get back.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Well that doesn't give me any warm and fuzzy feelings knowing my machine is sitting outside at home with a cover on it and the winter winds blowing on it while I'm over here for 4 months. Hopefully the damage won't be too bad when I get back.
Ouch! With the way quads get stolen I dont even trust mine in my back yard overnight.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts

No, You should be okay. 5mph winds in your backyard is totally different than 80mph winds on the interstate.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts