Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I was riding today and when going up a hill, I staled the quad right on the edge of the hill, had the front brakes still on but the atv was still going down and well because it was in gear it rolled backward, I know I should have just hit the clutch but it was too late before I knew it.
So the quad did a full roll backward, straight backward not sideways or anything, a 360, and was back up like nothing happened, no even a scratch on the plastics, except my steering stem was broken. The hill was just a 10ft hill but was kinda steep. Now I got to fix this stem, whats the best solution for this problem, to weld it back together with another pieces that goes around it or just buy another stem......

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Well I was riding today and when going up a hill, I staled the quad right on the edge of the hill, had the front brakes still on but the atv was still going down and well because it was in gear it rolled backward, I know I should have just hit the clutch but it was too late before I knew it.
So the quad did a full roll backward, straight backward not sideways or anything, a 360, and was back up like nothing happened, no even a scratch on the plastics, except my steering stem was broken. The hill was just a 10ft hill but was kinda steep. Now I got to fix this stem, whats the best solution for this problem, to weld it back together with another pieces that goes around it or just buy another stem......
u never want to re-weld anything, its just not that safe. always best to get a new one. better safe than sorry i guess. although i did weld a new flag mount on mine after the original ripped off, but thats not something that has to do with control or stability.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Depends how much money you want to spend and if you can weld. I fixed mine by cutting out the bent part and inserting a new section that was turned down on both ends to match the ID of the stock shaft, then welding it in place. You can make it longer than stock too if you like. Just make sure you match the od where it goes in the frame mount.

Welding stuff back together is safe, as long as you know what you are doing.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Well I can't weld but the guy that has it is a welder, got his papers and everything, he will weld it with another piece that will hold it together.
Was looking for stems, but didn't find many that have the standard length. Any good sites where I can get one ?
I've just ordered the ehs big 3 on top of that lol, I didn't want any repair bills for it at this time ;)
Btw if your serious about your houser stem, I will certainly conhttp://www.club700xx.com/vb/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=65606sider it, is it standard length ?

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
it's a +1 antivibe... i have the clamp for it and 1 1/8 bars for it... this will put you right around the stock length without needing longer lines... just "food for thought"... will be going with a different setup soon

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, just give me a msg with the price and we might have a deal on this.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
yeah Id buy a houser or have the whole stem rebuilt like I did

·
Registered
258 Posts
i did a similar thing to you and had the same result, i cut the ends off and got some 38mm thick walled molly pipe with 35mm molly inserted in the middle then turned it down where the bush sits so at no point is it thinned than a 4mm wall, and welded the ends back on, also made mine 3inch taller to suit myself and riding style better, not hard to do if you have the skills or know someone who does

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Yeah but I only used the stock lower end the top was made for a mod quad anti vibe clamp and went +2

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is there a big difference between the +1 and stock lenght, I like it stock for me it was perfect....

·
Registered
258 Posts
it also deends on your bars though, i have renthal fat bars and they are alot flatter than stock so i need the extra length

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I wanted to buy the ehs big three but I guess it will wait a little till next spring hehe. Too bad. With another bar can I still put the console on with the lights for reverse, neutral etc ?

·
Registered
175 Posts
If you stay with 7/8" bars you can use the factory console..... I dont know what everybody else does when they go to 1 1/8" bars....proablly spend another $70 for some kind of fancy billet dash or something

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
i didn't spend an extra 70... that's crazy!... just velcro it to the hood... there's a picture somewhere around here

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
For my lights when I bought the trail tech clamps it come with a dash... that dash didnt fit but it came with one.. A few cuts of plastic here and there and it was just fine... Now that I have Destroyed my stem and am waiting on the Teixeira +1 stem and new clamps I am wondering what I am going to do about them now.. Flexx bars make it interesting for the dash anyway..

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
i didn't spend an extra 70... that's crazy!... just velcro it to the hood... there's a picture somewhere around here

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Steering wheel Rim

This is 5WOP3 idea and the one I used . Dremmel and 3 rivets. :D

·
Registered
89 Posts
honda should have just did that when they made the damn quad! it's like the raptor and it looks a whol lot nicer too

1 - 18 of 18 Posts