Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
81 - 100 of 160 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
. I’m gonna be getting the whole bottom end rebuild kit which comes with bearings. Or I’m I wrong?
Best bet is to call and ask. But here's what I found it don't come with.

Note Does not include mechanical water pump seal, transmission bearings or countershaft bearings.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Got the crank out with some heat.
You think it's necessary to get new bearings though? The ones that are there look normal.
Also, just checked one of my valve guides and it seems kinda cracked. What's a good and easy way of taking them out without any special tools? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Got the crank out with some heat.
You think it's necessary to get new bearings though? The ones that are there look normal.
Also, just checked one of my valve guides and it seems kinda cracked. What's a good and easy way of taking them out without any special tools? Thanks.
9-16 in the service manual. If married do this when your wife isn't home, or if you live with parents do it when there gone, lol.

turn oven to 275 and place head inside for around 10 mins or so. Says to use a valve guide driver, but you can use anything from a piece of steel, allen wrench, or socket and extension that you don't mind beating on. If you have the new guides put them in the freezer while doing this. before messing with this, check your head to make sure it's not warped. This info is 9-14 in service manual.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
As for the bearings, the kit said it comes with them. But if you can't get them out, CLEAN them several times.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
I have a heat gun that gets pretty hot, that's what I used to get the crank out.
When installing new guides, how far deep am I supposed to go? I really hope the head isn't warped, that's like another 500$...
And as for the bearings, I'll clean them with brake cleaner, that thing works wonders. Then I'll let it sit in new engine oil. What do you think?

·
Registered
642 Posts
new bearings and cam chain

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
I have a heat gun that gets pretty hot, that's what I used to get the crank out.
When installing new guides, how far deep am I supposed to go? I really hope the head isn't warped, that's like another 500$...
And as for the bearings, I'll clean them with brake cleaner, that thing works wonders. Then I'll let it sit in new engine oil. What do you think?

I'd steer clear of the use of a heat gun on the head. Read over the manual, and you'll see how easy it is the check the head for warping. Also you will also see not to heat the head over 300f. A oven is a controlled heat source, and will bring the entire head to the same temp. A heat gun is directional and not controlled.

·
Registered
642 Posts
All new bearings or just the more important ones? And I’m getting a new chain for sure, I had to break it in order to get it off the cam.
new crank bearings .
i don't blame you for cutting the cam chain . i have all ways said the easiest way to get it off was to cut it . how ever the chain is a part that go's back on early in assembly. don't cut the new one !!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
I'd steer clear of the use of a heat gun on the head. Read over the manual, and you'll see how easy it is the check the head for warping. Also you will also see not to heat the head over 300f. A oven is a controlled heat source, and will bring the entire head to the same temp. A heat gun is directional and not controlled.
I've checked for warpage from the manual and it's good. I've tried with the heat gun and the thing still wouldn't budge. I managed to get it out after drilling it and then finally bashing it out. And you're right, I don't wanna crack the head or something while using the heat gun, I'll try the oven. Setting the oven to 300f should be fine right? And for how long should I leave it in there for?
Just hope it isn't as hard putting the new ones back on.

new crank bearings .
i don't blame you for cutting the cam chain . i have all ways said the easiest way to get it off was to cut it . how ever the chain is a part that go's back on early in assembly. don't cut the new one !!
How would I go about putting it on while reassembling? Don't wanna get to the point that I have to cut it again lol.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Don't set oven at 300! Read the manual!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
642 Posts
How would I go about putting it on while reassembling? Don't wanna get to the point that I have to cut it again lol.
its really very easy . there is a pic on 13-16 just put the chain on the sprocket and sprocket on to the shaft , that's all you really need to do with the chain till the cylinder is ready to go on

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
And when it comes to rebuilding the head, should I go with OEM or Kibblewhite? Or are there any others out there?

·
Registered
642 Posts
you going to do a +1 on the intakes ? any head work ?

·
Registered
642 Posts
the very best valve you can get is offered from RHC

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
How would I go about getting head work? Take it to a shop right? And if I don't do head work, it doesn't make sense to go +1 I'm guessing? And I'll look into RHC, haven't heard of them but the kibblewhites are so much more expensive than OEM.
Also, I got the valves out and see that all my guides are broken and all the valves are bent... Gonna stick it in the oven, I really hope I can get them out.

·
Registered
642 Posts
How would I go about getting head work? Take it to a shop right? And if I don't do head work, it doesn't make sense to go +1 I'm guessing? And I'll look into RHC, haven't heard of them but the kibblewhites are so much more expensive than OEM.
Also, I got the valves out and see that all my guides are broken and all the valves are bent... Gonna stick it in the oven, I really hope I can get them out.
if it were mine the head would go in a box and off to RHC

·
Registered
642 Posts
81 - 100 of 160 Posts