·
Registered
642 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
are you sure you want to go there ?
LOL.

I would leave the porting to the Pros. Use RHC, Alba or any other reputable machine shop.

I bought Kibblewhite valves and springs off of Amazon. I went +1 on the intake. I am sending the head the valves to Alba for their porting and valve job. Just waiting for the tax return.

·
Registered
642 Posts
a must do is to have the rockers hardened

·
Registered
642 Posts
i had RACERS EDGE do a +1 on the valves and a i had RHC do a +1 on two different head . soooo..... i got to compare the work .
RHC does a much better job

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
LOL.

I would leave the porting to the Pros. Use RHC, Alba or any other reputable machine shop.

I bought Kibblewhite valves and springs off of Amazon. I went +1 on the intake. I am sending the head the valves to Alba for their porting and valve job. Just waiting for the tax return.

what are you guys paying for this work, and are you really seeing that much of a pay off?

Just saying if you have the time to do it yourself one could save several hundred dollars.

Mr Gasket 4362: Engine Port Polishing Kit | JEGS

·
Registered
642 Posts
it does help tp clean-up the intake port " For every 1 CFM of increase in intake flow, you'll gain .43 horsepower. "
but,... hard to know how much you have really done/helped with out a flow bench.... mixxer was a great one for dong a big bit more than should of been done .

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Jug seems fine, I was wot when it happened. But prior to it, it was working fine. No signs of it having issues. And about 1900$ is definitely tempting.
I guess you were mistaken on the jug being fine! I scrolled back through this thread today on cell phone, and all four of those pictures appeared fine. Idk where your ordering parts from, but partzilla.com is cheap, just don't be in a hurry. And best to call and dbl check they have the parts in stock. Also wondering what part of the world your located. There are lots of builder's on the west coast. And you can always ship motor to them. Or if your east side there's Ehs racing. On the honda atv forum there's a sponsor called.

Nflowmotorsports.com

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
Man, seems like there’s a lot to think about when it comes to the head.
How would I go about hardening the rocker arms anyway?
I live in the east side at Miami, Florida. I have a friend that knows a guy that can help us with porting it since he’s thinking of porting his head as well.
What if I just port it and not do the Valve job, would it make any sense to go with the +1 mm? And if I don’t do +1 mm should I go with kibblewhite or OEM?
I’m thinking they’ll replace my valve guides too right? All 4 of mine are cracked. Managed to get 1 out by drilling it through but haven’t tried putting it in the oven yet, don’t wanna drill the other ones through if the oven truck works and it’s a pain to drill them out. I know it’s a lot of questions guys, I really appreciate all the knowledge.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
How would I go about hardening the rocker arms anyway?
I'll take the 1st. question. You have to have them hard welded. Lot's of places do this, they require a core charge or old usable rockers & cost anywhere from $200 and up for all 3. This is a good idea, but only required for use with aggressive cams or any web cam.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I believe I know someone that will have a stage 3 hotcam for sale some time soon

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
Would I need hardwelded rocker arms if I go with the stage 3 Hot Cams? The Web Cams seem way too expensive and does the extra performance outweigh the price?
And I’ll gladly buy your stage 3s if I go with those and if it’s in good condition of course.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Hot cams claims all there cams are drop in.

·
Registered
642 Posts
webcams says to do it . that's enough for me to do it on hotcams . web gets $65 ,but I don't know if that's per piece or for the set of 3

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
Yea, I might go with Hot Cams then, I know I’ll get more performance out of Web Cams but I like the “drop in” aspect of Hot Cams. I want power but don’t really wanna over do it either and I like the ease of it. I’m sure I’ll run in to more problems if I do that and I just want stock reliability but with more power since I’m basically rebuilding the whole motor anyway.
Plus replacing the cams doesn’t require a whole engine removal so I can always change it out if I ever change my mind. Thoughts?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hot cams claims all there cams are drop in.

lol that hardly describes what ya have to do to ''drop them in ''

·
Registered
642 Posts
Oh there is a 700xx on craiges list they be asking $6000

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
That’s a little too expensive isn’t it? I got mine for 3600 and you guys are telling me you got yours for about 2500

·
Registered
642 Posts
it does have some very nice after market shocks but yeah 6000 is a bit much

101 - 120 of 160 Posts