Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
141 - 160 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
Finally made started buying the parts to begin rebuilding after about 2 years.... starting with the crankcase first. But another question just popped up in my head, should I go for bigger injectors and are there any bigger injectors for this bike if I’m going for a bigger bore and stroker kit?

·
Super Moderator
5,866 Posts
Stock injector will work fine.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 · (Edited)
I hit my first road block. I can't seem to find the shift drum needle bearing online. I've looked through the parts list and can't find it. Not sure if you guys happen to know the part number for it? Thanks.

Edit: I took a look at the old crankcase and the markings on the bearing are: NTN HKS 14X18X10-2PXI.
Edit 2: See below for the pics from the service manual, I've circled it in blue.

·
Registered
642 Posts
OEM is fine .the OEM springs should be replaced with stronger ones

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 ·
I know it's been over a year since the last update but I've been slowly but surely still working on this. Just put in a new Kibblewhite set on a new head but was thinking of something when ordering a new cam: If I get the Hot Cams stage 3 cam, does it come with the decompressor or I'm I supposed to remove the one from mine OEM one? Thanks again guys.

·
Super Moderator
5,866 Posts
You reuse the oem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 · (Edited)
Opened the fuel pump to put in the new fuel filter and this is what I see:

It’s safe to say that the gas that was in there for nearly 4 years went bad and caused some serious damage. It was basically orange when I took it out.
Anyway, I wanted to see if the pump was even working so I connected it straight to a 12v battery and didn’t hear anything. So, here are my questions:
1. I’m I testing the pump correctly by connecting it straight to the battery?
2. If I am doing it correctly and the pump is done, are there any aftermarket pumps I can buy and swap it out with? Don’t want to spend nearly 200$ on the whole assembly.
3. Are the pumps that you buy come with the relocated fuel filter or would I need to open them up and do it myself?
4. Also, if there are any aftermarket pumps, which would you suggest?

I know it’s been nearly 4 years that I’ve been working on it so I hope to hear back from you guys, thanks again.

Here’s a pic of the gas I removed:

Edit: I see some aftermarket fuel pumps, should I trust them?

·
Super Moderator
5,866 Posts
I’d personally look for a used oem pump before a aftermarket one, if new oem is to pricy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just recently ordered this one. It comes as a full assembly with the new fuel filter location already installed. Hooked up just like the old one and seems strong. No problems at all and worth it to me for the $90.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #160 ·
141 - 160 of 163 Posts