Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went up to Browns Camp (Tillamook State Forest, Oregon) with a buddy of mine on his 450 and took a couple pictures. Also my first time trying out the Kenda Kutters, and I have to say they are absolutely worth the money. They are awesome, would hook up great climbing hills in a foot of snow (the pics don't show it but as we went further up it was around a foot of fresh powder)

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Great Pictures, how well did the kutters do in the snow, I know they're great in the Dunes but haven't tried them in the snow.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great Pictures, how well did the kutters do in the snow, I know they're great in the Dunes but haven't tried them in the snow.
They did quite well. Even on some decent hill climbs with almost a foot of snow they still kept on chugging. The stock ones could kind of do it but it required alot more digging :lmao:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, it was a pretty cool trip. Definitely more fun (for me at least) with the snow. Going to try and get up there as many more times as I can before the snow disappears

·
Registered
377 Posts
great pics and a good review on these tires with stock rims. I am going to order me a set too. I might put some ice screws in mine for better traction for the lake.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Nice pics. We just got about a foot of snow here in Maine. Unfortunately I had to put the XX away because I have bald dunflops. I need to get me some tires, but RM is sold out already and I need to buy a wheel bearing for my truck first.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
I used to ride up at Brown's Camp and Lee's Camp when I lived in Portland about 10 years ago. I had a YZ 250 then. It was sweet riding, but most of the area seemed to be set up solely for bikes, at least at Lee's. I very rarely saw quads up there. How much trail area is good for quads in that area?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Most of the trails are dual track, some are jeep trails. Across the highway its mostly single track. They changed their website recently and I can't seem to find the damn map, but I saved it on my computer if you want me to email it to you

It can get crowded during the summer and frankly I'm not a big fan of it most of the year, but I had a lot of fun in the snow

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Yeah, we only rode there in the spring and fall. There were very few riders at Lee's. Brown's camp was always much more crowded. Have you been over to Morrow County OHV Park yet?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, we only rode there in the spring and fall. There were very few riders at Lee's. Brown's camp was always much more crowded. Have you been over to Morrow County OHV Park yet?
No I haven't, did a quick google search and it looks like its quite the drive from Forest Grove :nuts:

There are dozens of places on my 'want to go' list, just a matter of time and weekends available. Want to see Millican Platau... Christmas Valley... Oregon Dunes (Got a trip this weekend but its a huge area)

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Yeah, Morrow County would be a haul for you. I have met guys there that came over from the Portland area, but usually stayed for several days to make it worthwhile. It is a great riding area. I have rode at East Fort Rock - east of Bend. That area is HUGE! Good riding there too, but I think the prime riding season is pretty short. The winter is long and the spring is short. No way you would want to ride anywhere in eastern OR or WA in the summer months. If you plan on going to Morrow, I would suggest early May or late October. We used to go to Morrow in late March/early April, but they have started to keep it closed until early May now, which really sucks. Makes the riding season pretty short.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Not jealous anymore:hey: can finally play in the snow too

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not jealous anymore:hey: can finally play in the snow too
Be sure to take pics and vids!

I might head up again Saturday depending on how lazy I feel like being. If I do I'll bring my helmet cam and play around

·
Registered
392 Posts
Be sure to take pics and vids!

I might head up again Saturday depending on how lazy I feel like being. If I do I'll bring my helmet cam and play around
Posted one video the other day. But we have more snow now, can still ride but gotta feed it to get through it, been real windy so the snow drifts are kinda deep.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts