Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put an aftermarket bumper on but to tell the truth they all look like crap. I know the stock one isn't very fuctional but at least it blends into the front end. Everything else out seems to look like a cattle push on a train Does anyone know of any smaller bumpers or a place that will make custom?

Oh yeah and my brother cracked his stock bumper...anyone want to sell a used one?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I agree, There's not many that I would even consider putting on mine.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I want to put an aftermarket bumper on but to tell the truth they all look like crap. I know the stock one isn't very fuctional but at least it blends into the front end. Everything else out seems to look like a cattle push on a train Does anyone know of any smaller bumpers or a place that will make custom?

Oh yeah and my brother cracked his stock bumper...anyone want to sell a used one?
I have a "V-Lite" by "DG" and also have their "BAJA" skid plate... very happy with their products. The V-Lite bumper can be gotten in black powder coat.

http://dgperf.com/pages/DGproducts_ATV-Sport.asp?appID=42

There is some reason why I can't see the pics on their site... perhaps old computer and OS. However, I did see them on another parts site... rockymountain? But, ordered from DG direct $99.95. Also their support is very good... talked to them about skid plate and rep was right there to answer my questions.

You can get a new front bumper from babbitsonline for $52.75

I also still have my old stock bumper... it only had 2-3 rides on it before I put the DG bumper on... make me an offer.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Here's a pic of the V-Lite with black powder coat... on a Yami. Comes in polished metal as well.

roadkill

·
Registered
150 Posts
no offense i think the vlite looks good on a raptor it almost flows with the shape but on the 700xx it dont. plus dg bumpers are made with old style basic tubing coming straight out. those bend the easiest when hit. prm and others have triangular sections and r very strong.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I'd rather the bumper bend than my frame... I can bend a bumper back.

edit: i'm with you guys on there not really being any bumper that looks good on the quad. The stock one is "ok". I like the Pro Armor XC (in black) and the Bullhorn, but not quite enough to buy one lol.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
"no offense i think the vlite looks good on a raptor it almost flows with the shape but on the 700xx it dont."

I don't take offense. I like what I've got and has held up real good... so far. What really matters is if any particular rider likes what they have, then it doesn't matter what others think or what they prefer. Different strokes for different folks.
Point being... get a bumper that YOU like and are happy with.

roadkill

·
Registered
243 Posts
"no offense i think the vlite looks good on a raptor it almost flows with the shape but on the 700xx it dont."

I don't take offense. I like what I've got and has held up real good... so far. What really matters is if any particular rider likes what they have, then it doesn't matter what others think or what they prefer. Different strokes for different folks.
Point being... get a bumper that YOU like and are happy with.

roadkill
Well put!!

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Old fits better... Wise? That is in serious doubt considering some of the dumb sh*t I keep doing.... over and over again.

roadkill

·
Registered
150 Posts
yeaa but im just saying that if u actually hit something its gonna bend bad, and bending it back will decrease its strength alot. roll design goes with the right mount, so does pro armor and a couple others. just throwin that out there, i mean the point of a bumper, is to bump. i got hit by a truck on my kfx400 back in the day cuase he couldnt make it up a hill and decided to climb one rite near my quad, so i just watched the truck come down the hill and smash my quad, dg bumper would have folded, ive seen it, i had a pro aluminum bumper at the time, which held up amazingly. besides the fact that ive seen countless dg nerfs snap and bend from jumping.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have a company that makes bumpers for other quads working on a bumper and grab bar for the 700XX I'll post pics and buyer info if it all works out.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Suhweeet!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts