Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was leaving the river sunday and decided to take the quick way back straight down the side of the hwy (as i have done several times) after about 5 miles of scootin down the road a Georgia State Trooper runs up beside me and runs me off the road. Clueless of what was going on i slowed down in the ditch and stopped. Trooper comes out yelling with hand on gun, so i did as he said. He though i was running from him because i did not stop for 4 miles , but i never heard the sirens (thanks barkers!! lol). After throwing me on the hood, passing a breathalizer, and taking my info the officer said "btw 98 mph is breaking the speed limit too". So i ended up with 2 citations after i convinced him the the fourwheeler is to loud to hear sirens 1. No tag...wtf & 2. Speeding 98 in 55 (warning) lol. The day wasnt good for me! Also as soon as he ran me off the side of the road i looked back and realized i had 4 GSP behind me..... OOOPS :)

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Damn that sucks, but on the other hand 98 freaking miles per hour on a quad. I'd of been proud and took that ticket "F" the warning.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
A buddy of mine was chased the other week by 25 nc hwy patrol and deputy sheriff. And the nc patrol helicopter. He ended up with 5 tickets, the patrol was looking for a car theif and he happened to be riding in the area

·
Registered
821 Posts
If a cop runs you off the road, its not friendly and why would you wait for him.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If a cop runs you off the road, its not friendly and why would you wait for him.
His partner had the pistol out the window lol

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Yeah I think I would wait too

·
Registered
38 Posts
What a @#$ of a cop,There was no need to have a gun on you as you were no threat to them. This is the type of crap that makes my blood boil.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
i think a gun out the window would make anyone stop. some of the best riding areas here in northern western aus are areas you shouldnt really be in and the cops ride round on drz250's, the way i look at it ill take the ticket if they can catch me, pluss cops here in aus dont use guns too much so i doubt he could shoot while riding.

·
Registered
537 Posts
98 mph? Really? On the side of the road at that? And a warning for it all?? Kinda hard to believe actually.....

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Im using my phone right now but when i get home i will scan the ticket and blur out the personal info

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Damn that sucks, but on the other hand 98 freaking miles per hour on a quad. I'd of been proud and took that ticket "F" the warning.
Im using my phone right now but when i get home i will scan the ticket and blur out the personal info
That's sweet I didn't think he wrote you out the warning ticket with speed info on it. Now that's bragging rights!

·
Registered
537 Posts
I don't doubt you were going 98. Anyone can do that. I just doubt you were doing it on a 4 wheeler running down the side of the road. And with your mods, I highly doubt it even with a 17t sprocket.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
I don't doubt you were going 98. Anyone can do that. I just doubt you were doing it on a 4 wheeler running down the side of the road. And with your mods, I highly doubt it even with a 17t sprocket.

My thoughts exactly.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
maybe the Highway patrol had his radar set to KM! And that would be around 61mph or so if my converter is 1/2 correct.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I'm still waiting on this so called warning showing the 98mph speed. If a cop was to issue a warning for that kind of speed he would be fired! It's a controlled document and it's still put into a database, it just won't affect your insurance like a citation would. A verbal warning yes, but written no!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I know yall think im full of it but as soon as i can figure wth is going on with my scanner i will show ya.... georgia's citations have all the weather conditions and all details about the day time and event. I do not have a written warning for my speed (it was verbal) however, on the tag ticket it displays my speed. Make a lil more sence? btw i was running street tires not knobbies

·
Registered
505 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
You guys just ruined it.
Conversation in cop car.

Cop #2 : let me shoot him !
Cop Driver : NO !
Cop #2 : I'll just wing him !
Cop Driver : NO !
Cop #2 : Let me shoot a tyre out then.
Cop Driver : NO ! I'll just side swipe him ,off the road.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.