Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Those CV protectors might be a great thing for keeping foreign objects out of the boots...However, I would never put those on my XX! lol I know the goal is protection over looks, but those things look horrid!

·
Registered
375 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
:steamed:so honda is tellin me they are not covering this failure... wierd they did for scuzz. anyway, so i MUST have my xx for this saturday and rather than fight with them for warranty, im gonna change the outer boot myself.

anybody know if theres any special tricks or things to watch out for as i do this. Im fairly mechanical and it shouldnt be a problem, just like to get surprises outta the way if i can. thanks all!

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
:steamed:so honda is tellin me they are not covering this failure... wierd they did for scuzz. anyway, so i MUST have my xx for this saturday and rather than fight with them for warranty, im gonna change the outer boot myself.
I went and picked up an oil filter and some other things for my quads today at the dealership where I got the work done and got a reprint of the warrant work.

I'll scan it in this evening.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
333 Posts
I'll scan it in this evening.
And could u email me those maps? I still can't get em to work from the zipped link in the map thread.

Thanks G

·
Registered
551 Posts
:steamed:Well busted another stupid cv boot today.:steamed::disgust: :mad: :cry: Well guess the old guy at the axle shop will make another $25.00 bones. I'm gonna make some a-arm skids that go way up to solve this BAD PROBLEM. Nothin worse than a broken quad!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Yep thats rite Scuzz. [email protected] things, not made my mind up yet if im gonna buy some skids an add on to them or check on the aluminum prices and make my own. But either way gotta do something this has gotta stop! It hasn't been that long since the last one! Its knarley up here in Tenn LOL.

·
Registered
223 Posts
You otta try to do it yourself. I bring a repair kit with me when we ride. It's about a 20-30 min repair, and if its an outer boot you dont even have to take the axle out. 700xxcrazy, looks like we might have to get a ride going. We usually start our riding season around october

·
Registered
551 Posts
Sounds great! Just let me know in time enuff for me to get ready!:tup::yay:

·
Banned
44 Posts
Another victim

I had only had mine for 2 weeks when i was washing it and noticed that my right outer cv boot was busted, i gott bring it in for its first service but i doubt that its going to be covered. I'm sure they'll blame it on me for something stupid.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I had only had mine for 2 weeks when i was washing it and noticed that my right outer cv boot was busted, i gott bring it in for its first service but i doubt that its going to be covered. I'm sure they'll blame it on me for something stupid.
Just try atleast, most dealerships would. I was up in your neck of the woods this past week, did a motorcycle ride up the coast past portland and stuff.

·
Banned
44 Posts
Just try atleast, most dealerships would. I was up in your neck of the woods this past week, did a motorcycle ride up the coast past portland and stuff.
yea im just gonna bring it in for service and not mention it and see what happens. I'm north of portland by like 2 hours but thats cool man, the weathers been getting nice and i'm itching to ride

·
Registered
40 Posts
CV Boots

I dont know how I did it but I blew the left cv boot at the wheel!! Are there any threads on this? I searched and nothing?? Anybody else put a new one on?

21 - 40 of 44 Posts