Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so tomorrow I pick up an 08 from the dealer that looks like someone literally popped a wheelie on and decided it was too much for them. (Scuff on rear grab bar otherwise looks pretty mint). getting it for $3900 out the door which I think is great. has factory warranty until July, like $500 to add a 2-year extension to that...worth it? :hey:

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well after looking at some of the hassles folks here have been thru trying to get warranty work performed I'd say that's a "no"

·
Registered
392 Posts
Trust me don't waste your money, no matter what happens Honda will say that it was your fault and there is nothing they can do. Or they will fix it under warranty and 3 months later send you a bill in the mail, thats what they did to me.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I bought it before I knew about this site or Honda being so hard to work with. The finance guy sold me on it.... Anyways I regret it because nobody gets anything covered and I've been doing my best to void it since day one.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I personally wouldn't bother with a warranty

·
Registered
528 Posts
honda has a warranty???? i couldnt tell.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I used my warranty 3 days before it expired. Honda paid half. That was the original warranty. New motors are $1500 (installed) at the stealership btw.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I used my warranty 3 days before it expired. Honda paid half. That was the original warranty. New motors are $1500 (installed) at the stealership btw.
A whole new motor for $1500? Or is that the 1/2 cost? Cause that doesn't sound that bad

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
A whole new motor for $1500? Or is that the 1/2 cost? Cause that doesn't sound that bad
Yep, parts was $750, labor was $750

·
Registered
97 Posts
I feel like I'm the only guy who has had a good results with the warranty. I've had 4 tie rods changed and my trans. rebuilt which included 3rd,4th,5th gears the shift drum, shift fork, and the main shaft. Yes I would recommend the warranty as long as you have a friendly and knowledgeable shop near you that is used to dealing with honda.

·
Registered
528 Posts
im curious how many of them smoke.im rebuilding mine at the moment. and $750 for the complete engine or $750 for a complete rebuild of your current engine?the cheapest i could do a top end is $550

·
Registered
60 Posts
Mine started burning oil after 3 to 4 tanks of gas. Honda blamed it on dirt ingestion and wouldnt pay. Cost me $1248.00. Parts replaced were crank, piston, rings, cylinder and all necessary gaskets. The dealer wanted to charge me $1800 but I did a whole lot of bitching and they cut me a break.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Yep, parts was $750, labor was $750

Wow if you can get a new motor "complete" for $750.00 I want one just for a spare! Seen used on the bay for 2k.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I had good luck with extended warranty on my rubicon but the parts replaced did not equal what I paid for the warranty and what went wrong on the rubicon the xx does not have so I did not get the warranty but the sales guys sure did push it hard. The only thing I can figure is they get a bonus for selling extended warranty?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
suppose it depends on the dealer. anyhow, im covered til june or so with existing warranty so we'll see how it goes

1 - 20 of 20 Posts