Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

Buyin wife a utv which 1

6K views 34 replies 14 participants last post by  Nash04 
#1 ·
:coffee::xx:Which one I hate polaris but canam maybe?

#2 ·
I got a rancher 420 with the electric shift for the girl. She loves it.

#3 ·
can am renegade:hey: the outlander is nice as well

the rancher 420 is nice my brother-inlaw tried one before buying the 450r

i really like the yamaha grizzlies (yeah I said it):birds: they now offer the 450 w/ eps as well

my grizzly has been through hell and back and she still fires right up

so there is alot on the market my sugestion is take her out and look at them let her decide what feels right but IRS is the only way to go :thanks:

#4 · (Edited)
The rancher I got is a blast to ride in the trails I got the straight axle I slide that thing through turns blast through everything. It could use a little more power. If I ride it before I ride the xx its got some power but after riding the xx its a lil dissapointing. Ive had it topped out at 56 stock I just put an hmf slip on with optimizer and havent had it out yet. What are you trying to spend?

#5 ·
Isn't a UTV a Rhino or a Commander or something like that??

#6 ·
Lot of missouri represented in this thread good to see

#7 ·
Can Am Commander X for sure! or RZR 900, I'm not a Poolaris fan either but their RZR utvs are very very good

#8 ·
Man im sorry i thought you were looking for a utility bike.:eek:hno:

#10 ·
Sorry UTV is utility vehicle so since we all talk atv's I guess we just assumed

Besides most people call them SXS's
As far as those can-am commander all the way

#11 ·
#13 ·
Dirt wheels did a shootout with the can am 1000 and rzr900 and they liked the rzr more for what its worth

#14 ·
depends what type of riding tight techinal trails rhino all the way. nice high speed trails can am would be the way to go. btw the rhino 700 is bullet proof my dad has one and that thing will go anywhere and hasent had any problems has over 5000 miles and still runs like it was new

#15 ·
Thanks think i'm likin the 900 popo the best and the rancher 420at is agreat ride just sold the wifes she also has a red 700xx but she wants 2 rides doesn't want to give the 700 up cool huh:xx:eek:h more open stuff movin to utah but i'm gonna take alot of sit because i've had hondas all my life

#16 ·
#17 ·
i just know from goldrush last year the razrs couldnt even touch the can-am

as well as our last race in konawa, OK if its tight and technical the razr has an advantage but only in its stock form the razr-s has no gain in the woods but out in the open sections the can am just leaves the razr in the dust

I havent seen a 900 yet so maybe it is better

#22 ·
#21 ·
#19 ·
Um no, razr has 30 less hp than the commander. Its lighter, narrower, better suspension, exhaust is more than 10 inches off ground. Commander is a good replacemdnt for the mule but beyond that its outdone. If I was serious about offroad and utv, canam wouldnt be considered. Off and 4x4 atv, its renegade.

#25 ·
It is sweet, but the price tag is a mutha! And also the width is way to wide @ 64" to get into the state forest atv parks around where I live. There is a 50" max. So the Polaris RZR 800 for around 4-5k less in price will still get into State parks. But the RZR S or the XP 900 is so much sweeter!

#29 ·
ok I can now say the razr xp is a faster machine we had one in our race last week he won the race with a 4min43sec lead and this was an open track for the most part

so the fact that the top speed of the commander didnt pull it ahead says the xp is just flat out a faster more agile machine

here is a short vid of thier race notice where the xp is at the start lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Imc5hp24Vk4

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.