Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I have been around atvs/dirt bikes my whole life and have an opportunity to buy a 2008 700xx. I haven’t ever been around these particular bikes. The asking price is $4000. The only description I have is:
2008 honda trx700xx new battery new top end includes stage 3 hot cam new rear tires brakes everything works
Engine Work completed by atv shop

I do know it’s missing the front bumper and the rear grab bar is slightly bent. After more talking with the owner, he said at one point the cam and timing was off so they replaced the cam and reset timing and it’s run fine since. He also said the clutches were sticking so he literally just installed a new clutch kit a couple days ago and now it’s fine. Being it’s had some work and all, would you trust it? Is the price about right? Help a noob out! Thank you.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Check the rt rear inner joint at the carrier for slop, if both carrier and rt. splined end need replacing your looking at $400.00 just in parts
Zedrone

·
Super Moderator
5,825 Posts
Wondering if the chain was also replaced with the new cam, and shouldn't that of been part of the top end rebuild?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts