Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to pull that rubber cam plug out of the side of my head, slap some more sealant on it and push it back in and it seal? I have an oil leak on that side of the motor and i'm not sure where its coming from - but that's the easiest place to start.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
I don't think you can get it out without removing the head cover. You will probably damage it if you try. Plus it would be hard to get it back in and keep a clean seal, since the sealer would want to squish out. Removing the head cover isn't that hard. Plus then you can just re-seal the whole cover. If you go that far, you might as well get a head gasket ($24 on rocky mountain), and re-surface the head too, since its only 4 more bolts at that point, but If your sure the leak is coming from the cover, then I guess you don't really need to do the head too.

you could also take the opportunity to upgrade your cam it this point as well. I have a stage 3 hot cam I will sell you cheap if you want to go that route.

Here is a pic of my head completely taken apart. you wouldn't have to go nearly this deep into the engine though. if you have the manual, it can walk you through the whole thing.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And now the top part of the head HAS to come off! thanks Britalican for the cam!

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
And now the top part of the head HAS to come off! thanks Britalican for the cam!
No problem! Sent it off today.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts