Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I'm going to have a valve adjustment done by a buddy, would now be the time to drop in a new cam? I was thinking HC3 (I have exhaust and Programmer).

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Now would be the time, but I would get a web if you have the extra dough

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Guess the question is how much more is the web.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Bout 100 extra bucks and you will also need the hard welded rockers

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Guess the question is how much more is the web.
a lot more. u can get a new hot cam for about $150, and its drop in. If you get a web cam you are going to pay more that $200 for it, plus hardened rockers ($150ish), and and springs($160ish, plus $40 for new valve seals). the set up will be about $550 or more, unless you find some really good deals.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So is the extra money really worth the gain in power? I'm not trying to go crazy with my build and after the cam I think i'm done with internals.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
If you are not going any further in the build then you will not see the full potential of the web camshaft

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't get me wrong, if I had a ton of money I would be all about going further, but current and future finances say this will be the last internal mod before I go into the suspension.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
That's understandable but you'll be better off with the hotcam if this is it for the motor

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool, thats what I needed to know, thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
yeah, its not worth it if you dont plan to do any further mods, just stick with a hot cam

1 - 11 of 11 Posts