Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A friend from work was telling me that if you spray WD-40 under your fenders just before you ride. It will make it so mud dosent stick and your post ride cleanup will be easier. Does anyone have any experience with this, or is it blasphemy?

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
A friend from work was telling me that if you spray WD40 under your fenders just before you ride. It will make it so mud dosent stick and your post ride cleanup will be easier. Does anyone have any experience with this, or is it blasphemy?
IMO Pam and other non-stick cooking sprays work better. If it's dusty and not muddy though, you will want to do something awful to yourself when it's cleaning time.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have always used WD-40 even when I race Karts, lots on the kart. We call it "******* Shine" Not to mention it is good for all your steel parts u won't have to worry as much about rust. Just try not to spray your breaks it can make things tricky when u make ur first couple stops if you do, untill u get it worenoff some.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
I use Pledge and works real good, easier to wash and the black color still looks good afterwards.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yeah that is one thing about "WD" It will leave a oil haze coating on ur bike but it is still better for your tire rods and other parts, and the haze wipes right off It won't hurt ur paint or anything

·
Registered
253 Posts
My weapon of choice:

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
down south we also use pam then wd40 to make your metal parts look better after you wash it wd 40 makes it look new again but all the dust will stick to it,pam works better under fenders but expensive,in other areas like voids its good to fill the area with foam like the mud inserts for the dwt wheels.

·
Registered
308 Posts
It does make clean up a little bit easier. I have used wd40 as well as a silicone spray and both seem to work really well. By the way, during the winter when you have to shovel snow or snow blow spray silicone spray on the snow shovel or snow blower chute to prevent that sticky wet snow from clinging to the shovel or blower!
It just zips right off and works totally awesome!

·
Registered
253 Posts
What's snow?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.