Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody here have PC experience. I am thinking of getting the FMF titanium muffler and having it PC'd gloss black. I just called my only two local pc shops and neither had done it or knew if it will adhere.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't either, but it is an unusual metal. Hopefully someone has done this and can verify that its not gonna flake off on me.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I did a google search and it looks like you can, pretty much any metal can be powder coated. I would probably try to find a powder coater who has done it though. A powder coating job will only be as good as the prep that goes into it.

I plan on going by my coater on Friday. If I remember, I will ask him if has any experience with Titanium.

Doug

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Didn't see an option for stainless. There own website only shows full system in Titanium. Not sure how much more titanium system costs, but it would be nice to save some weight. If they have a stainless and its a fair amount less I will do that.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Didn't see an option for stainless. There own website only shows full system in Titanium. Not sure how much more titanium system costs, but it would be nice to save some weight. If they have a stainless and its a fair amount less I will do that.
The system FMF has on their website for the 700XX is not a full titanium system, the head and mid pipes are stainless steel. The only part that is titanium is the muffler can itself, because it is a Factory 4.1 muffler and all of those have a titanium can. Fmf has done this for years, their "Factory" mufflers have always had a titanium can.

You could always just assemble your own full FMF system, Powercore 4 muffler and powerbomb header, would be a little cheaper, but not sure how power would compare to the full system though.

Doug

·
Registered
528 Posts
yes, i have powder coated titanium and carbon fiber, the carbon fiber is tricky without bubbling the resin, but the carbon conducts electricity so the powder sticks.titanium is easy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts