Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we got two of the new 1 liter canams in at the shop. uncrating them you notice one thing...they are big! they are right about the same size and weight as the sportsman xp. softly sprung and big cushy seat like the polaris.

we drag raced the canam on asphalt against a 2011 outlander 800 and it SMOKED it from a dead stop all the way up to 70 mph. the 800 got its azz handed to it from a rolling start as well. the newest version of the sportsman wouldnt even come out to play as it knew it would be DEVOURED by the new canam. we havent been out to the track but i would imagine the old 800 still has it when really pushing strong on closed course conditions. fully adjustable shocks on the xxc's are WAY better than the ones that come stock on the new 1000's as well as being lighter/nimbler.

i brought my 450R TT bike down to the shop and dusted the new canam brute...but not by as much as i thought...i knew better than to try to beat the 1000 with my 700xx...it may have been dead even or less lol:xx:

·
Registered
237 Posts
I think for the crazy list price they have come up with for those 1000's I can have a lot of fun adding all of the aftermarket I can think to my xx and still have money left over and the xx won't weigh 800lbs.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Pretty cool quads but I guess I just don't see what they are 'good' for.

Sand, Trails, Track, Desert, Farming, Drag Racing... seems like there is something lighter/faster and/or much less money for each category.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm going to have my Reni for a few years then i will go to the 1000, i dont like the first year anything that comes out with the exception to the XX, plus i had aftermarket parts i could slap right on the 800 from the 500.

I have a feeling with the HP these monster 1000's are pushing out stock when they get some mods on them they might be smoking/snapping belts if they didn't beef em up, just going to wait and see how it goes for a while, should of waited thou and got a 2012 Reni 800 thou LOL, but iam happy with the one i have.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
same motor and belts as in the commanders. we havent seen any issues with these yet.

forgot to mention the 1000 did not have high altitude clutching (we are over 5000') the 800 did.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I hope they work out well, when they do what they did with the 800 motors, then its time for me to trade this Reni in, they went from the 800HO 61HP till 09 then they came out with the 71HP 800R

Was reading about the belts, it seemed like they have hardened belts for the 1000s, so thats a good thing with all the power there pushing.

The only real problems they had with the commander was some code and light coming on above a certain attitude, which they updated for 2012.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts