Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a trick to this?

I am trying to replace my bent tie rods, but I cant get the ends off of the bike. I pulled the little pins out, but when i try to get the nut off of the end where it mounts to the a arm, it just spins, and there is nothing for me to grab on the underside to keep it from spinning. is there something under the bushing? this seemed like it was gonna be so simple, and I'm stuck right off the bat.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
never mind. I went back out there right after i post this and figured it out. replaced both bent tie rods, but now I think my steering stem is bent too. son of a bitch.....

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well it really was simple. I was just impatient. There is a little washer right on the under side of the mount with flat sides that u hold in place with a wrench. I tried that right away, but it didn't appear to be doing anything after a couple turns so i thought I was wrong, and came in and made this post, but yeah it really was easy. next is replacing the bent steering shaft.

·
Registered
48 Posts
did both on predator 90 , left wheel was turnin left , and the right turning right, it was weird , I unbent them, almost like new ,

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
did both on predator 90 , left wheel was turnin left , and the right turning right, it was weird , I unbent them, almost like new ,
yeah, thats how mine was too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts