Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So were going to convert Mike's 700xx to carb

First we will get a new baseline run with a few additional canges and try a new cam profile in it. I will post up those results when that gets done as our final baseline.

The goal of the project is to increase Hp and tq and give the engine more air volume and velocity along with good atomisation, firing it all off with increased spark energy, RPM and control. Estimated redline will be 9300. Estimated weight savings is 15 lbs.

Here are them components were starting with

48mm Lectron carb with billet bowl,Choke, and power jet
MSD single cyl ignition #4217
MSD coil
the flywheel will be modified
a new throttle box will be used
Fuel pump and lines removed
Throttle body, sensors and ecu removed
Wire harness modified

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
:rock:Looks sick. I can't wait to get started.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
You are gonna need a fast pace truck to keep fuel in that beast when it is done. Better be careful or you'll suck your seat right into the airbox!

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Anxious to see the results. What the total on these parts?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Looks like there is no cmparison between the carb and tb. That does look nice, almost to nice to keep hidden.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Anxious to see the results. What the total on these parts?
You and me both. I haven't got the flywheel done, got a new intake, or paid DL to work his magic yet, so I don't know what the total will be yet. I'm in it for right around 750 for the parts pictured.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Something I always thought about is if you get rid of the filter/pump, you could put a custom oil tank down low in its place and lower the radiator. I'm glad to see people doing some out of the box stuff to the xx, it can be built into one badass quad.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Something I always thought about is if you get rid of the filter/pump, you could put a custom oil tank down low in its place and lower the radiator. I'm glad to see people doing some out of the box stuff to the xx, it can be built into one badass quad.
Thanks, and the Big props go to Mike for letting me go a little crazy with it, and for spending the money to do so

Carb was $400
MSD and Coil $350
Flywheel mod $150 ish
New throttle box/ cable $125

Were going to try and keep track of the total time involved is to do the build

the pc5 and +3mm bored throttle body being removed should knock off about $500 from that bill.

Removing the fuel pump will free up a lot of room for many different things...., Maybe hide the nitrous bottle there!

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
How will the throttle response of the Carb compare to the fuel injection? And what the advantages to the Carb setup?

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Nice, this one ill follow!
Like carb setups, it has a special kick.
Tuned my last carb bike with Dial-a-jet + slipon.
Think i landed somewhere 50hp on the wheels, jsut the feel of it never ran it on a dyno tho.
Should of done that :p it had loads of tq

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Kinda curious , Why you went with the Lectron over some thing like a FCR with a pump jet ?
Lectron is not very known in the UK , so I ask.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the availability of carb sizes on the FCR is limited so that's one of the main reasons we went with the ?ectron..... the lectron carb is a very simple design and if you know how to dial them correctly they can perform flawlessly...
On many applications we actually remove the accelerator pump to eliminate problems when drag racing of it dumping too much fuel....
Porting greatly affects fuel needs from the a/p
The lectron carb is all controlled by the needle and powerjet... so there is no idle circuit or air jets or main jets to clog... it a more performance oriente carb with higher cfm rating over same size other brand carbs

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
:rock: its not easy being on top but someone's gotta do it :lol: thanks DL :tup:

1 - 20 of 71 Posts