Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i know its a little out of our efi world but i need some help with my teryx. got the right jets in but how do i tune out a lean miss when i let out of the throttle? i know a lot of you have had carb bikes before. it only pops after getting on it and then letting off, oh and its dual carbs. thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
I believe from the snowmobile days that raising the clip on the needles is what would fix that.
Jason

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
You're correct, usually I would put the clip in the center position then go riding and see how it felt at all throttle position then I would check the plug and if need be, I would adjust the clip either 1 notch up or down depending on the throttle response and plug. Don't forget to ride the bike at high rpm then shut it down then check the plug.

·
Registered
734 Posts
But I thought main jets are used when at WOT, needles in the middle and pilot on low???

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Hell! I don't remember, lol!! That's why I posted the link, they know allot more than I do.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
ok i think im gonna try the neddle tonight i just really dont want to dyno thats a nother 200 buck i know its close. now moving the needle down fatten it up and moving it up leans it out right?

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks that was a good link. this will be the 4th time ive tore this thing down. damn carbs and wanting to go fast. lol

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
put bigger pilots if they are the same as the brute force you will need 40-size 74 series. Im about positive they are i have them in stock if you need. they also dont have adjustable needels you need to shim them unless you install different needles like DJ

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
put bigger pilots if they are the same as the brute force you will need 40-size 74 series. Im about positive they are i have them in stock if you need. they also dont have adjustable needels you need to shim them unless you install different needles like DJ
yeah we put the dyna jet neddles in and are running 142 and 138 main jets i belive. havent messed with the pilots will that fix the backfiring when you let off or ar going down hills

·
Registered
734 Posts
With the backfiring when letting off bigger pilots will help

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
What they said about richening up the pilot is dead on, but I would try the air/fuel screw first. I am not familair with the kaw carbs, but if you should be able to add more fuel by turning the fuel screw in............I think.....in or out, I am sure it is one or the other.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Stay away from your pilots! There is nothing wrong with them. I run a FST standard bore kit and still have the stock pilots. Richen your idle screws. You will have to pop the covers off of them to get to them. I dont know the extent of your mods but you might want to check into a Hunterworks jet kit. Also put a set of plenum rings on it. Kawasaki will NOT warranty your valves or topend after it goes down. TeryxHQ is the forum I belong to and has taught me alot. Get on there and check it out. If you want some more speed a Dyna non programmable cdi will get you another 5-8 mph and set your belt deflection tighter (usually removing the fatter of the two shims in the driven clutch) will help. PM me if you have any questions, I've got a lot of time in Kawie V twin motors

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks every one. got it all working right carbs and cdi. actually had a vacume problem with the needles not moving but thats fixed. and had it dynoed only 50 bucks and it put down 40hp.:yay:now off to the dunes!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
They can be finicky! Good luck with it and check out those plenum rings. Cheap insurance!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts