Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would show how I fabricated/modified the parts. I removed the grill for easy access. I disconnected the rectifier plug and re-routed the harness over the top (See blue tape for highlight). I made two aluminum brackets to hold the rectifier securely out of the way of the ccp unit. I then removed the brake union bracket and used a hacksaw to cut 3/4 of the way down the corner. This allowed me to bend the face back toward the motor at an angle. I welded it in its new position and then ground it smooth. Lastly, I rounded over the edge of the CCP bracket and bolt head. This gave me over an 1/8" of clearance at its narrowest point.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Looks good, glad you finally got it together.
I also made a bracket to move my rectifier. I used a single piece of aluminum.
As for the brake bracket, I did not have nearly the clearance issue you had, I was able to just bend my bracket a little bit to clear the ccp clamp.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wanted to use a single piece of aluminum as well. Hardware store didn't have any flat that wide. I tried just hammering the brake bracket. It wouldn't go far enough and it tended to twist and push the left side brake line forward which caused the ccp arm to hit it at full turn. I spent a lot of time looking into options and that was the best I came up with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.