Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know tim doesnt want to hear this but the ceramic coating on my header is peeling off. Only from where it bolts up to the head to the first bend. It looks like someones skin who has been laying out in the sun too long,starting to wrinkle and flaking off. It looks like the ceramic didnt bond too well to the header there. that is probaly the hottest place right there. I am going to call and see what i can do about it. This is my first ceramic coated header,i thought it would last a little longer than a month. The header may of had some contaminents on it to make it not stick,i dont know.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Check with Eric because mine is also ceramic coated for over a year and haven't seen any peeling or discoloration on it.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Check with Eric because mine is also ceramic coated for over a year and haven't seen any peeling or discoloration on it.
I'd check with Tim rather than Eric, because EHS would just have to pass the info to Tim anyway.

Tim read my post on the heat shield and shows me that he's willing to fix what I think is a problem... even if it's only me that thinks it's a problem. That tells me that Tim is a good person to deal with. It's in how a company responds to customer feedback that makes them a good company or not. No product, right outta the box is going to be perfect. A company that's willing to listen to feedback and improve their product is a company that I'd want to deal with rather than one that just sells you a product and ignores you. JMO

roadkill

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
here are some pics of ceramic not bonding.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just recieved an email from Tim, he said send the header back and the painter is going to redo the ceramic coating. Thats what i call great customer service. Thank you Tim.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Tim is a stand up guy..We need more like him as sponsers on here.. Thanks Tim!!

·
Registered
667 Posts
I second that he is awsome, He drove 1000 miles to come fit the exhaust on my bike a few days before we went to Parker. He got in about 10 am and rolled out at 8 that night. Thanks again Tim

·
Registered
452 Posts
i was gonna have mine ceramic coated but id have to send it away.. the pipe changed a real pretty blueish purpleish n then fades to gold.. i like the way it looks

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well i sent my header back to Barkers to have the ceramic redone,i put the stock exhaust back on and wow seemed like i was on my 400ex,not quite that bad but what a difference that full exhaust makes. With the barker it pulls alot harder and longer and more over rev compared to the stock corked up exhaust.This is no exxageration i am for real.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I got the pipe in today will be at the ceramic coaters tomorrow and they said they would try to have it done and shipped Fri.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank You very much,I really appreciate your service.

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Well i sent my header back to Barkers to have the ceramic redone,i put the stock exhaust back on and wow seemed like i was on my 400ex,not quite that bad but what a difference that full exhaust makes. With the barker it pulls alot harder and longer and more over rev compared to the stock corked up exhaust.This is no exxageration i am for real.
Wow, I'll keep that in mind when I go big 3. Didn't realise it was that much of a difference... For REAL! Haha

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
barker header

I took my barker header off today to try to fit the stock heat shield on it an noticed that the header has almost worn a hole in top of the clutch cover at the 12 aclock position if i remember right somebody else had this problem too but cant remember who. I guess im going back to the stock exhaust until i can talk to Tim Barker.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Thats no good. Wanna know what the problem was there? Im debateing between the HMF and the Barker full pipe.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
I took my barker header off today to try to fit the stock heat shield on it an noticed that the header has almost worn a hole in top of the clutch cover at the 12 aclock position if i remember right somebody else had this problem too but cant remember who. I guess im going back to the stock exhaust until i can talk to Tim Barker.

Is yours one of the first ones or is it a newer one, if i remember right they changed the headpipe bends slightly which would have it run a little higher up on the engine (above the clutch plate).

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah mine come from one of the first batches of headers .

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
yeah looks like they solved that rubbing issue. Head pipe is off the clutch cover now

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Depends on the bike..............mine still rubs a little once warmed up. The first Gen head pipe rubbed horribly though.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Does anybody know how much heat the ceramic coating keeps off your leg? I wrapped my stock header because of the heat but if I buy a Barkers I don't want to damage it with header wrap. Also is the coating inside the pipe?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts