Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last couple of rides my leg has been getting pretty toasty from the head pipe. I was wondering if anyone has used a ceramic coating product and if it makes a differance in radiant heat? Thanks for any input.

BTW wraps are not for me, too fugly.

:thanks:

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I couldn't tell much difference between the coated and not on my Barkers head pipe. IMO it is all in the heat shield. Running a little fat on fuel can also help.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I couldn't tell much difference between the coated and not on my Barkers head pipe. IMO it is all in the heat shield. Running a little fat on fuel can also help.
Same here. I also don't like the header wraps, for the same reason... even though you can get them in many colors. There ARE companies that do ceramic coating of headers... some will coat the inside as well as the outside.
I just made up a better heat shield for my quad. Yes, running a little fat will help a bit, but I don't recommend running a little fat or lean. When you're going faster... like 3rd gear and higher, the air flow keeps heat down on your leg. But, 1st and 2nd gear at low speed in tight technical stuff, you really feel the heat on your leg.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Any pics of your heat shield, Roadkill?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Any pics of your heat shield, Roadkill?

Thanks!
Not very pretty, but it works. I have an early generation of the Barkers exhaust and the heat shield left a bit to be desired... So, had a friend make up a better one for me.

roadkill

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
Dune64 - Check out Jet-Hot.com. They do coatings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts