Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how most of the riders here kept their chain slack. I cant seem to find a happy medium with the 13T. Either it is to sloppy and clanks when the wheels come off of the ground, or it seems too tight for manufacturer specs. The chain is not stretched and measures OK. Ive tried going up one notch and dropping one notch. Right now it seems too loose and is on the 23 notch. Just checking cause I don't want to ruin my case or stress the sprockets too much.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
23 Should be ok if your chain is new, that's where mine is

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nash04, does your chain clank while jumping? Thats the only reason I asked this question. I heard it last ride and got a little worried.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
It clangs when you jump and when you brake heavy over braking bumps going into a corner. I would love to cure this as it is off putting sometimes. Thinking spring loaded chain tensioner instead of the wear blocks. :D

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That sounds like fix Baxter. I saw that you kept your chain a little tighter than spec. What do you set your adjusters too?

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
That's about where mine is and it does cling when jumping or heavy braking but not as much.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We have to find out what the chain hitting and silence it with a plastic guard or some sort of coating.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
It is hitting the stock chain buffers and a little bit of metal from the lower subframe.( Or the IRS axle carrier ).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.