Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what everbody is using for chain lube. I currently use BelRay chain lube but I am looking for something that doesn't "fling off" or at least "flings off" less. I have also used the Honda brand o-ring lube but it does the same thing. It would be nice to find something that was not such a pain in the A** to clean off the underside of our machines.

What are you using and how does it work? :thanks:

·
Registered
50 Posts
did u put the chain lube on after you ride because i have the same lube and never noticed it flinging off on the bottle it says to apply to a warm chain

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I normally use PJ1. I use wax though. Somethin gI do is set the machine on a stand and put her in first gear so the tires/chaindrive is all moving forward slowly, and spray the chain, and let it run for a few minutes, like this. It heats the chain up where the wax "sinks in" and gets in all the right places, but it is going slow enough so it doesnt fling off.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
did u put the chain lube on after you ride because i have the same lube and never noticed it flinging off on the bottle it says to apply to a warm chain
I have warmed the chain up in the past but maybe not long enough. I will have to try some different approaches. I usually do like mentioned above. Start the bike up on stand let it run in 1st gear and apply but I shut the machine off right away after applied. Maybe I need to let it run a little bit longer to "set" the lube.

Thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
50 Posts
i would put it on when your in the middle of your ride then apply the lube then finish the ride it shouldnot fling offf

·
Registered
734 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
I've never had any issues with my chain lube. I use the bel ray stuff that is like white lithium.

Put the back on a jack stand and let it idle in first gear, then spray it on the inside of the chain just in front of the rear sprocket. That way when the chain turns instead of flinging off, it pushes it up through the chain. Then I let it sit for a while to soak in/dry.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
I do it like 92K1500 and that seems to work the best.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I always just put my on after I ride and wash. I use pj1 but in a spray can. I think it gives it time to set in the links instead of being flung off.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
I use the Honda "dry" chain lube and works great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.