Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been looking at the manual for my 700xx and was reading that i should only use sae 80 or 90 oil. and not to use cans of chain lube.

is any one using the sae 80 or 90 oil or are you using cans of lube.

cheers gary

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I use cans, and I just make sure that they say the lube is O-RING safe.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
I use chainlube out of the can. Just make sure the chainlube is O-Ring compatible.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
I use the Honda chain lube and works great!

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I use PJ1 Blue Label. Safe for O-rings and stays on the chain rather than flying off under rotation like sae 80 or 90 would.

roadkill

·
Registered
68 Posts
PJ1 here as well. Works great.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I use Bell Ray chain lube on mine

·
Registered
445 Posts
I use nothing......a dry chain collects no dirt. In the the last 5 years of racing I have never replaced a chain or sprocket due to whare.......it's one of those subjects than can be agrued for ever like break-in procedure and what oil to use.

NOTE : I ride in dry conditions, if you get you quad wet and covered in mud I do recomend oiling.......see below

If you do oil your chain spray the oil from above on to the lower run as centrifical force will push the oil into the chain rather than flick off.

Purple Bicycle frame Motor vehicle Bicycle tire Violet

·
Registered
12 Posts
coffee can

I use a parts cleaning brush dipped in 90w.
Put a little 90w in a coffee can and apply it to the chain with a parts cleaning brush.
Cut a hole in the coffee lid and pop the handle thru for storage.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Awsome ideal, I like it, will try that for sure, seems much easier.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I typically just use a chain lube out of a can. But was recently told that the proper procedure is to clean the chain with WD40, then oil the chain with 90 weight oil, then spray it down with chain wax to hold the oil in.... Man, you are probably right this is one of those discussions that could go on and on, but I have been riding for over 30 years and have never done that process. Not saying it is bad, just never had enough time to do all that!:nuts: I think I'll keep spraying.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.