Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, after I switched my sprocket to a 13T I am having a hard time adjusting the chain. One click down on the adjuster and the chain feels too sloppy and you can actually hear it when you are riding, one click up and it feels too tight and the chain actually gets warm when riding. Any suggestions? I always keep the chain properly cleaned and lubed and the the sprockets arent showing any unusual wear patterns at this time. I opted for the tighter setting as I had a run to go on this past weekend and didnt want to risk the chain popping off and getting jammed. Rode about 60 miles and the chain didnt loosen up, still feels a pinch tight.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hey guys, after I switched my sprocket to a 13T I am having a hard time adjusting the chain. One click down on the adjuster and the chain feels too sloppy and you can actually hear it when you are riding, one click up and it feels too tight and the chain actually gets warm when riding. Any suggestions? I always keep the chain properly cleaned and lubed and the the sprockets arent showing any unusual wear patterns at this time. I opted for the tighter setting as I had a run to go on this past weekend and didnt want to risk the chain popping off and getting jammed. Rode about 60 miles and the chain didnt loosen up, still feels a pinch tight.
Same here and this has come up in other threads. I've opted for the setting with more slack. I've seen more damage from being to tight than being to loose.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Chain

Boys, I would run it slack for a few rides then try and re-adjust it, make sure the numbers line up on both adjusters better of running it a bit slack than tight

Overlord

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
The good thing about these machines is that there are no swing arms, so when you jump and land, there will be no movement of the rear sprocket. Therefore, run it on the Slacker adjustment, and do what Overlord said, check it again after a few rides.

·
Registered
103 Posts
some one needs to make a better adjustor cam.
dut i did do mine tight, then knocked the adjustor up one notch and then pushed the rear end back to get the tension right sort on in the midle setting of the 2 cam settings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts