Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Its easier than you think . Trust me .

Step 1 : Raise the rear of youre xx and place stand or support under the rear of the frame.

Step 2 : Remove left rear wheel.

Step 3 : Remove hub nut split pin and loosen rear axle hub nut but don't remove the nut just yet.

Step 4 : Remove split link and chain.

Step 5 : Remove sprocket bolts.
Tip : To loosen the sprocket bolts , I jam the socket bar against the frame. This I found the best way to loosen the overtight factory bolts.

Also I cut down a 6mm allen key to fit into the gap between the hub and hub carrier . It measures 10mm of shank.

Step 6 : Slide the sprocket outta the frame , lower end first . You may need to just slightly push the plastic a arm gaurd down. Then just simply slide the sprocket down the driveshaft.

Step 7 : Remove upper a arm to hub carrier bolt ,hub nut and hub and slide sprocket off.

And thats it. Simples . Even with taking the pics etc ,it only took 17mins. I hope this helps.:D

When fitting a new sprocket always put some sort of threadlock compound on the sprocket bolts and don't overtighten them.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lee, What is the size of the socket for the hub's nut, should be a 30mm, right?
What rear sprocket are you using, ali or steel or OEM which seems to me to be the best one since mine lasted 3 seasons.
Mine was a 27mm or 1 1/16" socket and lock the rear end with the rear brake or a 2"x2" on the lug nuts. Don't just put it in gear, I think this maybe why the shift drum failed on me.

As for sprockets , still using stock but they are only lasting 8 hours on a stock motor with me. Gunna try a Ali one from PBI .
I can get a 37t Ti rear at $147 from Sidewinder ( something I found out trying to find one for Wayne M. ) or get Talon to make me a steel one far around $200 . I am guessing a Talons price as the front 17t and 18t cost me $85 a piece to be built. The cases have to be modified (strengthend) , just incase the chain wanted to run loose with the 18t. Trust me it is close ! But I need to make the 18t front work with the 3 speeder.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.