Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking online at the replacement decal plates they had for the warning labels for the 700xx a nice set was like 30$ or so. not that i didn't have the money but they were cut outs on black plastic and idk if no one told them but all the 700xx have black plastic beneath the warning labels (you couldn't see them if you put them on). so i started thinking and decide to make my own, they look good so here it is.

you can get all this stuff at a local hardware store, most of it i had laying around.

1. 1.98 sheet of 8x10 Plexiglas
2. red spray paint
3. 5/32 drill bit and drill
4. chop saw
5. 16x 1/8 rivets and 16x washers
6. rivet gun
7. sandpaper
8. trx700xx (not at the hardware store) :D

step by step.
1. remove the old warning signs (how to vid on youtube if you need it)
2. measure and cut the plexi to fit where the old labels were with a chop saw. use the dimensions from the old labels works good.
3. use the sand paper to round the edges slightly
4. paint ONE side of the plexi. thin coats and lots of them with plenty of time to dry. a run would run the project.
5. mark and drill the plexi with the 5/32 drill bit. for the rivets to go in. go slow they break easy :disgust:
6. remove the other sides protective plastic from the plexi and rivet it to the 700xx paint side down. (make sure you clean the fender first)

if all goes well it should look good, i loved mine. cost me about 10$ after the plexi, rivets and spraypaint.
sorry i didnt bother cleaning it just to give you an idea.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Nice job! Thanks for the write-up too! Just curious, but why didn't you make them black? They kind of stick out being red...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i kinda like the flair that red gives it it does stick out but it matches the seat and oem plastic perfect.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Pretty sure the ones they sell online are metal. My roommate ordered some when he had his YFZ450 and they were metal. From same people too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
o they might be i never actually bought them but they are cut outs and will not show up well on black fenders, idk if you could get them a diffrent color them would look good like that.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
i kinda like the flair that red gives it it does stick out but it matches the seat and oem plastic perfect.

Oh ok, as long as that's what you were after. I figured maybe you wanted to make it look like nothing was ever there, because the warning labels stuck out.

But yea I agree with scuzz also, I hate having any front fenders at all.

·
Registered
150 Posts
i trimmed up my fenders and there perfect now cut it at an angle wit the light and red front fenders. only prob is they flop around in the wind a bit. but for the warning labels i would leave em personally looks better than a big red patch i think lol

·
Registered
537 Posts
The ones I had for my 400EX were made from Carbon Fiber and looked freaking AWESOME!!!

·
Registered
452 Posts
yea i have found a few online that say 700XX on them n a few carbon fiber ones but i didnt no if it were actually ccarbon or jus a lay over.. id only buy real carbon for weight n i dont see much difference in weight from plastic n carbonfiber lol

·
Registered
528 Posts
i looked at the cutouts, i was going to just get a silver piece of vinyl; sticker and put that in the square before i installed the cutout. then you would be able to see it. if i were to do your idea i would do the following:

have a cheap decal made or make one on your computer but a reverse image of trx.700xx etc. stick it on the back of the plexi glass, pant black paint, then pull the sticker off and paint red or silver, this would leave the letters the second color and it would look sleek and stockish. i may do it this weekend to show what i mean.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
warning labels

here are my new warning label replacements they are aluminum diamond plate powder coated gloss black.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts