Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
They look good but will they hold up. I was wondering the same thing, but I went ahead and got some Pro Armor Fat Neft Bars..I want something that will hold up to the rocks and hitting stuff. From me reading and what all the guys here will tell you....you get what you pay for..They may hold up really good then again they may not. For 80 bucks or so I might be willing to try them out. If they don't work out then you will not have spent alot on them. Do some research on them and see if anyone else has them. Goto other forums and see what others say...hope this helps..

·
Registered
179 Posts
They say they are Alba nerfs, what am I missing on this?

·
Registered
452 Posts
yea im looking at them too but iffy about them.. but i guess they could b good coming from alba

·
Registered
355 Posts
I actually got mine today,. I haven't mounted them but put the nets on and placed them where they will mount. Basically two bolt to the under side of the pegs through a plate that goes inside the top of the pegs and they connect over the frame one tapered end into the other and one bolt tab underneath to bolt to the rear of of the back lower swing arm bolt. The tabs look sturdy. I can weld pretty good and the welds are nicely done. The tubing is not super thick but I have nothing to compare them to so it may be the standard gauge but I doubt it. The aluminum is not very thick. I'm curious if anyone may know what the gauge is on these. The netting is strong and stitched well. For me I just want them for that rare time when my foot slips forward to save my ankle and boot from damage. They appear up to the task. They do appear as the may limit front tire size like the Honda Racing nerfs but I won't know until I mount them. I'm waiting for my header before I install them but may just go ahead and put them on tonight if I get bored. If so I'll post a picture or two.

·
Registered
355 Posts
They say they are Alba nerfs, what am I missing on this?
Imported by Alba, Tusk and anyone else who wants to relabel them. For under $100 if they last 2 years I'll be more than happy. The seem well built and I can't see them not holding up under anything except really abusive riding. I don't have the money for $300 nerfs and again it's worth $100 to save my ankle.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I've heard a couple things about nerfs, one is that they help protect yourself from getting run over and the other saying they will get stuck on everything if you ride trails like I do.

I really wanted to get some and was going to get the Houser's but this might be a better deal for only one bill. That way if I don't like them or they d get me stuck on crap all the time I can just take them off and trash em.

What's everyone else think of nerf's?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Installed. Literally a 15 minute job. I learned a long time ago not to tighten anything until all the bolts are in place. There is 2.5 inches between the nerfs and the front tire.

Attachments

·
Registered
355 Posts
I've heard a couple things about nerfs, one is that they help protect yourself from getting run over and the other saying they will get stuck on everything if you ride trails like I do.

I really wanted to get some and was going to get the Houser's but this might be a better deal for only one bill. That way if I don't like them or they d get me stuck on crap all the time I can just take them off and trash em.

What's everyone else think of nerf's?
The trails I ride are pretty well won and rock covered. I can see a problem if you are riding in brush though. These things are rock solid. They feel pretty secure with my 200 lbs standing on them. Time will for reliability and endurancetell but I give them a solid 10/10 for value.

·
Registered
302 Posts
ugh, do i want these or the pro armor ones? decisions decisions..... :/ i kinda like these cause you can keep the stock heel guards and they're pretty cheap, but i like the full nerf and heel guards on the pro armor ones. what do ya'll think?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Pro Armor are on back order. They had a ton of fitment issues. These cost less than a third and bolted right up. I also wanted to keep the stock heel guards for now. Plus the money I saved helped pay for my 13t sprocket, Rogue grips and the quiet core for my FMF 4.1 muffler. Until I see whether Pro Armor got their QC right with their $350 nerfs I will not be putting out cash for those. At that price they should have zero issues and last for years.

·
Registered
302 Posts
ok, well, alba nerfs it is i guess. all i know is i need some bad. i was jumpin the other day and my right foot slipped off and scared the HECK outta me, so i said, well i'm definately gettin nerfs now. lol hopefully i can get some soon.....

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Pro Armor are on back order. They had a ton of fitment issues. These cost less than a third and bolted right up. I also wanted to keep the stock heel guards for now. Plus the money I saved helped pay for my 13t sprocket, Rogue grips and the quiet core for my FMF 4.1 muffler. Until I see whether Pro Armor got their QC right with their $350 nerfs I will not be putting out cash for those. At that price they should have zero issues and last for years.

$266 for Silver Pro Armors
http://www.atvgalaxy.com/product_info.php?cPath=23_51_406&products_id=1198

$288 for Black
http://www.atvgalaxy.com/product_info.php?cPath=23_51_406&products_id=1199

Also if you go with bigger tires like I did 24", the stock heel guards will sometimes rub when you put pressure back on them because they flex. The Pro Armor heel guards with fix that problem

·
Registered
355 Posts
$266 for Silver Pro Armors
http://www.atvgalaxy.com/product_info.php?cPath=23_51_406&products_id=1198

$288 for Black
http://www.atvgalaxy.com/product_info.php?cPath=23_51_406&products_id=1199

Also if you go with bigger tires like I did 24", the stock heel guards will sometimes rub when you put pressure back on them because they flex. The Pro Armor heel guards with fix that problem
I actually orded them from ATVGalaxy and was told they were back ordered until May 5th. I canceled the order because I didn't want to wait. I may yet buy them but there are other things I'm after first. ATVGalaxy was very nice to me on the phone BTW.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I was just saying that you can get them cheaper. and +1 on ATV Galaxy as well. They have been nothing but accomidating.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I was just saying that you can get them cheaper. and +1 on ATV Galaxy as well. They have been nothing but accomidating.
They are priced well below the competition on those. I will buy from them when I'm ready to spend and again when the issues are resolved. In the meantime I've been on some crazy trails here in Arizona and while I'd rather not add the weight the protection is nearly essential for an inexperienced rider who pushes his limits twice a week in the desert. I can ride into the desert from my house. The Albas are a good interim and will at least keep my legs safer than nothing.

·
Registered
452 Posts
what was the total on the nerfs if u dont mind me asking

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
I bought these as well and they are AWESOME!!!! I got a discount, I'll tell you how.
1. Go to BING.COM
2. Type in AIR DOG under search
3. Click on the AIR DOG EBAY site, it will be the first in the search list
4. Type in your search or the listing number
5. Find your item in the list and buy
6. You'll set up a air dog account through bing and recieve a 8% discount which will be refunded in 60 days.

I saved $7 on these nerfs doing this. Hope this helps!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts