Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked these up.. only wanted the tires but got the rims for free... the rims are 4x110 .... can i drill them to fit 4x144 or pick up some of those wheel adapters... or... just leave well enough alone and buy the correct rims? (i paid $50 for wheels/tires) so i dont have alot in them. tires are 18x10x10 Wanted them for the 660 raptor, but would also like to try them on the 700xx.

·
Registered
316 Posts
you might have enough room to redrill. the best way to find out is to remove one of the hubs and lay it in the wheel to see if it will fit. but even if it fits the wheel doesnt mean it will clear the a arms. I think the offset that is required to clear is a 3" inward offset but i'm not sure. I know someone on here can correct me if I'm wrong. I read somewhere on this site that you can also do A hub swap from a 420 irs rancher to get the 4 on 110 bolt pattern also for about 35 or 40$ per side soooo you gonna try tt racing? is that the reason for those tires? If so you are gonna lower your xx a lot. I've lowered mine to the point that my a arms are flat with me on it. makes it as wide as I can get it without spending a bunch of money and really helps the COG. well good luck to you
happy trails

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Hmm you should be able to redrill them there is plenty of material there but the offset might not be enough to clear The arms like stated above

If you don't do anything with them I'd take them off your hands for my nephews quad I'm planing a trip up to mena sometime soon so let me know

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I would re-drill them. If you got them for free and dont care too much then go for it. Another option is dismount the tires then sell the rims on ebay and use the money to go toward new rims

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I like the rims better than the tires. They actually quite good DWT Red Label... solid strong rims. I'd use adapters rather than drilling them for one reason... They might give you enough clearance for your a-arms. Drilling them, you have to be spot on perfect.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
finally got around to fitting the rims to the xx...

First i made a template! Cany anyone guess how/ what i made it from?

then the drilling

Then the fun!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am going to do the same as well just so I can do some weekend drag racing. had the rears from a 450r. The fronts I am running 10" rims with smaller tire combo. Just trying to get it lowered for a better launch and to try to keep the front end on the ground. Was the 3" offset needed to clear the a-arms? Yours looks good, how many inch offset are those?

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not sure on the offset but it's wide! Wheel is 10x10. I have plenty of clearance around a arms. I'm going to the drag strip tonight. Only problem I forsee is the tires are 18's. It's like I lost 4th and 5th gear!! Lol gets to speed QUICK though and tires have nothing but traction! Going to finally put my 15tooth on after a couple runs and see how much that helps

1 - 9 of 9 Posts