Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a used 700xx. If I baby it in first gear I have no problems. if I get on it a little the check engine light flashes, one long flash and one fast flash and the motor loses power. if the bike idles in neutral the light never comes on and runs fine. could this be a possible battery problem or alternator problem? I have been having a issue with keeping the battery charged also. any of your input would be appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
671 Posts
If you just turn the key on, does the engine light come on and blink? If so, check the service manual. (Should be a link on this site to download it.) Count the number of blinks and see what the code is.

Doug

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I turn the key on all of the indicator lights come on than go off except for the neutral light when the bike is in neutral. no lights are flashing.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
According to the manual, that blink code indicates: MAP sensor low voltage fault. The loss of power could be that your quad is going into a "limp" mode due to the fault. Because you also said you're having problems keeping your battery charged up... kinda suggests a bad/loose connection. I hate electrical problems because the can be a PITA to track down at times.

roadkill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts