Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Other than looking funny, I wonder what they are good for...Hill climbing maybe...there's a flag on the bike...they might be good for sand...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Cool, i have seen people at hillclimbs with all sorts of setups, i just ran sand geckos with 2lbs of air on 10" beadlocks on my banshee, but a friend of mine took a set of balding holeshots and made himself aluminum angle paddles, bolted them thru the tire with carriage bolts to a piece of aluminum on the inside of the wheel, using car floormats for gaskets in between them and put inner tubes in them, those things were scary, but man did he move some dirt and they last a LONG time compared to paddle tires...

·
Registered
114 Posts
If you did a burn-out in a garden, it'd be like a salad shooter...

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
it doesnt look like it would hold up that well on the red ones they might want to try them out on a black xx first.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I bet that thing has a low speed turning radius like an aircraft carrier.

Honestly, I'm sure the radius changed, but does that really matter now that i can do a donut on pavement ? And heck, there's always reverse or an 17MM (got it right that time) lug wrench to flip em back, but i doubt i will...Oh and it's WAY beter to ride on 2 wheels now for some reason, it feels to me like it was meant to be that way, but thats prob just because every atv i ever had i widened...

Where i grew up riding you pretty much need a widened atv or you will flip easilly climbing, i'm actually surprised at how many people don't flip at least the rears just to try it...

I mean look at these climbs I had in my backyard in PA (you guys think i'll make it on the 700 with paddles?, i made it on my 2001 banshee pretty easilly)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntFh0YSfsjg

·
Registered
333 Posts
i think ive seen those weirdo foam tires in here b4.. arent they for like snow racing or something... i thought thats what was mentioned last time that pic was floatin around in here...

·
Registered
354 Posts
I dont know what a tailing pile is my friend, all i know is this is what is left from all the coal mining back in the day and it's fun as shit to ride on...going up isn't so bad, going down is almost uncontrollable...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts