Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im bored so ill tell everybody why i bought my quad.
my 3yr old little boy is a atv freak. he got a walmart powerwheels 4wheeler for christmas when he was two, now its just too slow for him and he tried to make it faster.
so this year i got him a 110 cougar 4 wheeler, the engine is based around the honda 110 engine from the 3 wheelers from what im told. it has the remote kill button, its own trickle charger, headlights, rear alert led tail light, an alarm,adjustable throttle stop,and its electric start and automatic.(orange in color)
this is what "santa clause" is bringing him.
so i was thinking that i would like to take him riding in some cool trails and let him enjoy his bike. so when somebody told me about the deals on the trx700 i went ahead and decided to get one, but to keep with the christmas idea, "santa clause " will be bringing mine too so i have hidden it from my son and dont ride it when he is around.
so on christmas morning when his mother brings him to me both of the quads will be sitting on the front lawn with two big bows...helmets, jerseys,all padding and boots,with keyes in the ignitions and full fuel tanks. if you are a dad you already know how anxious i am. ill post pictures of the bikes as soon as i get them uploaded off of my camera. This year santa cost me about $6200 but its gonna be well worth it.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
nice... I'm just waiting until my son is old enough to understand how to move around in a little mini... he's only 2, but loves watching me race, and watching videos... can't get away from the monitor when there's footage... your son will love it!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I just picked up an older polaris scrambler 50 for mine, ages 5 and 7. I couldn't wait for christmas though and they have both wrecked it at least once already lol!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nice... I'm just waiting until my son is old enough to understand how to move around in a little mini... he's only 2, but loves watching me race, and watching videos... can't get away from the monitor when there's footage... your son will love it!

go get him a powerwheels ninja electric asap, it has a push pedal for go and a twist throttle for a faster speed, sounds dumb but it teaches them to use thier hand and foot together.mine got his at 2 years old and picked it right up, now he is just dissatisfied with the speed of it. im hoping me and him will be at sandhill atv sunday with it.depends if he gets past the learning curve in the yard lol luckily i have him head to toe motocross gear.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Thats an awesome idea i bet he will be so stoked! im hoping santa brings me a houser front end and elka shocks.lol

·
Registered
66 Posts
This is my boy first, second and third which is going to be his christmas present this year, he going to have lot of fun on it. He 2 1/2 year old and he love 4-wheelers.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is my boy first, second and third which is going to be his christmas present this year, he going to have lot of fun on it. He 2 1/2 year old and he love 4-wheelers.
dude, mine had the same kawi quad for his first birthday, an elecric kawi one for his second and he is getting the EXACT same quad as the latest one you bought except his is orange. those are the best bike for the money that i found. but when i turned the throttle stop beware it only limits acceleration, itll reach top speed over a period of time. and its fast because itll lug my fatass around the yard pretty good.i think it will take them a while to outgrow that one.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
83 Posts
Looks like a happy camper!

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Who was more happy Daddy or son?? :yay: It is very nice to see some new children getting into the sport. I just bought my daughter (11 Years old) a used Yamaha and she loves it, I just don`t know why I didn`t buy this years ago. She did have the battery operated one but only rode it a few times, we just thought she didnt enjoy it. Now she loves it, mabey its just being able to hang with Dad and his friends or just to get away from her mother???? Either way I hopefully will be able to keep her interested in it as you have done with your son.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks like a happy camper!

i wish i could upload the video, it did about a 10' burnout when he punched it and i had to reach for the grab bar and stop him LOL the factory throttle stop screw was replaced with one 1/8" longer. he picked up the throttle control and brake pretty quickly, last night i had to loosen the steering a little so today should be shake-N-bake....:yay:

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
94 Posts
my daughter (7yo now) got the same quad last year, but ive had problems with the carb which is typical for the chinese bikes. this year she got a crf-50, so she can pick what she wants to ride that day. variety is the spice of life huh?

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
my daughter (7yo now) got the same quad last year, but ive had problems with the carb which is typical for the chinese bikes. this year she got a crf-50, so she can pick what she wants to ride that day. variety is the spice of life huh?
thats very cool to get your daughter into riding...she will be one of the boys instead of chased by the boys!

variety is the spice of life but most people are boring salt n pepper people you know what I mean...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
he has a huge smile under his helmet, every 3 laps around the trail i made him, he stops to give me a thumbs up, then peels out sideways and runs it again.i love watching him cut doughnuts in the gravel.

i had a problem with the carb needle 1 day after i got it, so i brought it back and it had a defective needle. the guy replaced it and now it cranks up frist try but im scared of it happening again. the alarm system already wigged out when he buried it in water in the woods.just the annoying little horn messed up so imma get him a upgraded replacement.

variety is the spice of life, but mine says im on a diet for a while...which yours will be saying soon too lol

how do you like the color jay? lol matches everything else i own.

·
Registered
94 Posts
i dont know, as of now, i have the cbr, husky sm610, 700xx, rm250, ttr125, crf50, sid's quad, and my polini pocket bike in the garage... and thats just the bikes. i have a (real) jet-ski and the rx-7 too. did i mention i also just bought an xr650r that hasn't made it to the house yet? my wife new exactly what she was getting when she married me. the particular machines change, but the garage is always packed.

the orange is you signature. erich and i were talking about that the other day....

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
the orange started with my custom painted saleen mustang, then my street bike then it made it to my trackbike and just keeps going.around gonzales if you mention the pumpkin everybody used to know you were reffering to my car. so far his little japanese bike is working good, i had him in the mud yesterday and he was giving it hell, then he did his first trail ride in the woods that i was very impressed with. and it keeps starting on the first try. hopefully it stays that way. mine dont mind the toys so much she says i keep getting bigger with them. my next purchase will most likely be an offshore boat 25' or longer.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts