Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

chrome or steel bumpers ?

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  ljbird3333 
#1 ·
With all the problems with aluminum bumpers breaking welds and the whole discussion over frame flex versus bad welds, wonder if anybody makes a steel tubular bumper. Noticed a company like fuelatv makes a good-looking chrome bumper for the 450r. Are the mounting tabs close enough to easily modify or do we need our own design. Thanks in advance.

#5 ·
The 450R has 4 mounts for more of a square shape, where as the 700xx has 3 mounts for more of a triangle shape, so it is completely different. Plus the 450 mounts on the side and the 700 on the front (where you put the bolts).

#9 ·
well as earlier in this post i found fuelatv.com makes some nice steel and chrome-moly bumpers, and thanks to OzLinc, we now know that Duncan does as well. I am not super on a welder but i can hold my own. It shouldnt be too big of an ordeal to grind off some tabs and re-weld some in different locations.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.