Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i just wanted to tell everyone that me and a friend of mine is trying to design a chromoly and titanium frame for the XX and 450r. He builds alot of drag car frames for ADRL and NHRA/IHRA from chromoly so he has the expierience. It is in the design process so maybe this might be something new for the XX community!!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
nice, is this going to be lighter than the standard frame or just stronger. as chromemolly is normally heavier than thin walled steel,

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hey i just wanted to tell everyone that me and a friend of mine is trying to design a chromoly and titanium frame for the XX and 450r. He builds alot of drag car frames for ADRL and NHRA/IHRA from chromoly so he has the expierience. It is in the design process so maybe this might be something new for the XX community!!!

yes please with a 2" inch or more stretch

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
ill be a test dummy

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
stretch was some thought but thinking of keeping it pretty close to factory specs. he mentioned changing a-arm angles? im not the pro but he is so not sure about the pros and cons on that. We also talked about possibly doing an aluminum frame with chromoly supporting to make it cheaper and lighter. He also recommended movin the motor forward 2" but might be more effort than its worth. Long story short we are just flying ideas around before we jump on it so if ya'll have any ideas they would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
258 Posts
i like the idea and have wished i had the time to do something similar, but personally i think if you do make a new frame anything you do if your going to do more than one of them it will have to be easy to make all the oem components fit, as im sure if you make it the best thing ever but need to buy custom arms, driveshafts, stems ect it is going to be less appealing to others,

but im all for a alloy/chromemolly frame to try and cut down weight

1 - 7 of 7 Posts