Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does anyone recommend for treating the seat and the plastic. I've heard that Armor all isn't good for any part of the bike and that you can use any type of car wax for the plastics. What r u guys using?:xx:

·
Registered
32 Posts
sc1 its a spray on wipe off. i get mine at the honda dealer. makes it nice and shiny. use it on everything. hides scratches good too.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
I've herd not to use car wax? Not sure but may have read it in the manual, of either the Honda or one of my other brand 4 wheelers.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought the Maxima SC1 today and that stuff is great.. Can be pricey at $9 per can if you use it alot.. I did all the plastic, even the underside of the fenders and it shined the bike right up and it makes it look nearly new again.. I'll try the Meguiars for the seat. Thanks for the input..

·
Registered
231 Posts
Same stuff I just picked up just a couple of weeks ago. Only used it 1 time and it made the clean up much easier. Totally worth the extra money

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I wash the xx off with first, just to get the thick stuff off . Then I spray Pro Clean on , let it soak in and power wash with just water.

If the xx is pretty clean and only needs a slight wash. Diluted Fairly Liquid and water put threw the power washer.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got back from St. Joe state park tonight and all the sand and mud came right off with very little scrubbing (thanks to Maxima SC1). The water literally beaded up when washing and I'm going to spend some time tomorrow applying a little more on top and underneath the fenders.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.