Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i remember reading some where on here were scuzz and a few others said that after they clean their quads they spray the ?? think it was frame and a-arms and stuff with wd-40 and the next time they sprayed their quads off mud and dust would just slide and fall off...

is this true ? seems it would attract dust into unwanted places

secondly are their any other tips, do you always turn your quad up and clean it ?

what about full skids do they help or hamper cleaning ?

·
Registered
309 Posts
I've heard of spraying under the fenders and the frame with PAM cooking spray to shed mud and dirt, although I've never tried it.

I've always stood up my previous quads to clean them, but the 700xx is almost a two man job to stand up.

Full skids do make it some harder to clean as they trap debris above them, but with enough spraying they will come clean.

I also dry my quad and later use Plexxus cleaner to shine the plastics. It works great on the black plastics.

·
Registered
21 Posts
When I first bought my XX, I wanted to give it a good coat of wax, so I bought Turtle Wax ICE Paste Polish. I'm not much for waxing, but my girlfriend swears by it, so I grabbed it up, and tried it. To be honest, it did work great, and when I went to wash my XX after its first muddy ride, it looked better than when I took it out before! I also bought the ICE Spray Detailer, and was not at all impressed... I used some of the Mothers Protectant and it looked much better. I would suggest the wax, but not the detailer for in between waxes. Anyone else have things they'd suggest to keep it shining?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thanks Scuzz, for some odd reason, I felt the need to watch that. Maybe my dark side just wanted to see girls in pain lol...

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well idk whats more desturbing... the vid its self or the fact some guy was getting his ____ waxed lol......... hmmmm

·
Registered
223 Posts
I spray my stuff down with tire shine when I get done washing. It seems to help keep it cleaner and hides most of the scratches.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Silkolene Pro Prep - FTW!

·
Registered
537 Posts
I use Zymol cleaner wax to shine it up and simple green to make the mud/dirt fall off. I have never needed to use a pressure washer on it. Let the simple green sit for a few minutes and nearly everything rinses away with a garden hose.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I preasure wash, then ArmorAll all my plastic, and i just get abucket and rag to clean under the seat, too much technical stuff to be spraying in there. My 700 doesn't look new anymore, but it's still sharp when cleaned.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts